Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:29 AM

ROFLOL,  Frances, i told mine i found them under a rock

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:34 AM

I told mine they were left by aliens. Years later I changed it to switched at birth. Though they were not buying that one as my son looks just like me.

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:01 AM

I told mine the UPS man left them.  The problem there was my favorite brother in law worked for UPS and he and I were very close.  When my son turned 21 he said "Mom, if I ask you something very personal will you tell me the truth." I told him of course. Then he asked me if Uncle Larry really was his father.  He had totally believed that I had an affair with BIL and he was the result of it.  I felt bad. . . and payed for therapy for a couple of years for him.  That's what happens when you play with the brains of 197 IQ kids.  They take it to heart! Now he thinks it is funny but, won't let us tell any wives tales to his daughter.

Jan

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

OMG Jan, I know what you mean. LOL. My mom always told me I was a premie and I never doubted her. I didn't bother to do the math until I got my little surprise two months before I was married. I asked her why she just didn't tell me and she said you didn't talk about such things in her generation. I told her it was okay because people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (meaning me). LOL 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 4,095

My kids Dad always told them it was the milkman (even though we never had a milkman). LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 12:05 PM

Janet

My DH told my son that he belonged to the milkman and told the girls that they belonged to the bus driver because we didn't have a milkman anymore.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 4,095

Haha, they think they're so funny!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:50 PM

While I was browsing in my LQS I found a pattern that included embroidered blocks as well as nine patch and of course I had to have it. I have been wanted to try embroidery since I saw the Redwork Quilt that Kris had been working on during the Leavenworth retreat. Since we need embroidery thread for the C.C. Blocks I was wandering what type everyone is using. I have seen the Cosmos brand thread, DMC and the 12 wt thread which is what my LQS suggested when I want to try Redwork. 

from TN

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:22 PM

I use dmc,  i's the only floss I can buy here.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 11:16 PM

gini:
I use dmc

Me too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 2:14 AM

I use DMC for most of my embroidery.

I'm working on a project that uses Sulky 12 weight. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Another project came with Caron pearl cotton which is a pain in the butt and causing me to avoid this project.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I use DMC.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 8:35 AM

Bev :

While I was browsing in my LQS I found a pattern that included embroidered blocks as well as nine patch and of course I had to have it. I have been wanted to try embroidery since I saw the Redwork Quilt that Kris had been working on during the Leavenworth retreat. Since we need embroidery thread for the C.C. Blocks I was wandering what type everyone is using. I have seen the Cosmos brand thread, DMC and the 12 wt thread which is what my LQS suggested when I want to try Redwork. 

I have only used DMC embroidery floss for my hand work. I have noticed that some of my floss has tiny knots in it before I use it, which is really annoying. Others twist very easily which is also annoying. I do not like the DMC metallic threads. I'm thinking of trying another brand. 

Recently someone mentioned Finca Mouline by Presencia as the best they have "EVER" used. Here is a conversion chart that I found online.  http://www.stitchapainting.com/index.php?main_page=dmc_presencia  

I have friends that use Cosmos and DMC. They say there is not much difference between the two, except price. I have not used it so I can not speak from personal experience.

Let us know what you find out, what you are using, and how well you like it.

northern colorado

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:22 AM

Thanks everyone for your answers. Until yesterday I did not even know there was another brand other than DMC and since my LQS did not have the colors I needed I did not feel compelled to try anything else.

Kris, what did you use on your Winter Redwork project?  I am wanting to try one someday.

from TN

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 18
Points 240
Frank replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:03 AM

I have used Sulky 12wt, Aurifil 12 wt, DMC Perle cotton 8 and from Threadart.com they had a Perle cotton 8- they had their entire collection on sale for half price. I bought it all the colors,  it is heavy on the greens and purples, Really like it.  It stands our more on the 'bluework' i decided i wanted in technicolor than the 12 wt. Seems tighter and not as wide as the DMC 8. I also have some cosmo i bought in variegated for a project where you color first with crayons but have yet to use it.  Been having issues with some of the 12 breaking. Employee at local shop said sometimes they sit on the shelves for ages not selling and begin to deteriorate. Wish they would put dates of creation on them

Page 55 of 88 (1306 items) «Prev5354555657Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use