rated by 0 users
This post has 1,368 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 3:25 PM

Kris:
It's a bit intimidating with those tiny blocks.

I'm sure they could be easily enlarged

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 3:32 PM

gini:

i think everyone should put their two cents in, on what we would like to do next, in the group.     we are a few months away from starting, so we have plenty of time to work it out.    i'm making the wildflower quilt reguardless of what everyone decides.   i will work along with you on the wildflower quilt, if the group decides to do something else.   i have no problem working on two quilts,  here at one time.

maybe the Group could do both the Wildflowers and Garden Party quilts. You might have more participation because the flowers might appeal to some while others might like the Garden one better. Of course some of us crazy ones might decide to attempt both!

I think it would be good to announce it in a quilting forum, they are probably others interested but have never checked out the applique group.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 4:02 PM

kris, the blocks are not very complicated.   just a few are.    i can see dong 3 or 4 of these blocks in the same amount of time it takes to do one of the baltimore blocks.

ok let me rephrase that.    there aren't a lot of pieces per block.    some of the flowers are a little tricky to  get the pieces laid right.   making several of them a month is a good goal and very doable.   

look how well you've accomplished your baltimore quilt.  this isn't any harder, and  you've done a great job with the baltimore. 

i just might be crazy enough to take on two of them, jacy.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 2:01 AM

Jacy:
Of course some of us crazy ones might decide to attempt both!

You know it Jacy. I'm one of them, LOL. I keep saying I shouldn't start another project... I blame all of you ha ha.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 2:03 AM

gini:

kris, the blocks are not very complicated.   just a few are.    i can see dong 3 or 4 of these blocks in the same amount of time it takes to do one of the baltimore blocks.

ok let me rephrase that.    there aren't a lot of pieces per block.    some of the flowers are a little tricky to  get the pieces laid right.   making several of them a month is a good goal and very doable.   

look how well you've accomplished your baltimore quilt.  this isn't any harder, and  you've done a great job with the baltimore.

Oh twist my arm Gini. I'm really enjoying appliqué. I'll order the pattern then decide. I think I know how this is going to end.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 29 2011 2:04 AM

Jacy:

Kris:
It's a bit intimidating with those tiny blocks.

I'm sure they could be easily enlarged

Didn't think of that. Duh. Thanks Jacy.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 11,360

Ordered the pattern for the Wildflower quilt today. Not ready to get started on it yet, but need to see what supplies are needed.

Kathie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 12:44 AM

gini, I have the Wildflower patterns got them last week . When are you planning on starting this ,I missed it somewhere I'm sure . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:27 AM

Garden Party is not me but Wildflowers sure is. I might just try to keep up with that.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:31 AM

barbara, we have a few blocks left to do on the baltimore quilt.  i'm thinking we will start some time next spring, maybe april.  i want to give the folks doing the baltimore enough time to get all those blocks finished.  it's not too soon to be ordering the pattern and planning on the fabrics you want to use.   there are 25 blocks, we need to htink about how many flowers we want to make a month, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:36 AM

Thanks Gini, I already have the full kit and I have not come anywhere near thinking about Fabric. I should be able to do a lot of them with my tons of scraps . but I will need to come up with a background .I'm really excited about doing this set of blocks ,I can't get over how much I love doing applique  once i got started, but I have so much to learn ,I just can't get the hand on the edge turning so that was one of the things I was hoping you'd go over on retreat ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:04 AM

barbara, i would love to help you at retreat.  that will be about the time we start our blocks.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:36 AM

I like the wildflowers quilt patterns and I will do this with you if you all end up doing it.  I really like the American Album one.  Of course it's a LOT more complicated and the patterns are expensive all together, but oooh, it's beautiful! 

I am just starting my fountain block.  I have 2 blocks made that I haven't posted yet, but will try to this weekend.  My life has become much more complicated in the past couple of weeks.  I found out my DD is moving in with DGS who is 4.  I have to rearrange my life to make room for them and that is a tall order for me.  I have to remember what life was like without a dedicated sewing room.  I've been spending most of my spare time doing this and will be until they are all moved in.  Then I'll see what my new "normal" is, lol.  It will be nice eating dinner with someone who isn't begging for my food.  (I live alone and have pets, lol.)

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 12:05 PM

i like the american album one, too.  maybe at a later date.  

Linny t:
It will be nice eating dinner with someone who isn't begging for my food.  (I live alone and have pets, lol.)
       whew,  i'm glad you qualified that and told us it was your pet.   i was picturing you sitting on your throne, eating strawberries and cream,  and NOT sharing.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 4 2011 4:02 AM

Well here are all my BCC blocks so far. I'm liking them more and more. Will start block 10 this coming week.

Page 4 of 92 (1369 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use