Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,224
Points 70,040
Robin replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:31 AM

Annelu,

I love your wreath.  It is very professional looking.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,892
Points 420,514
gini replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:49 PM

i know several of you are still working on your wildflowers.  i have one left to do, too.   we allowed through march for this project.  

i am now well, unbusy, and no projects in the near future,  the site is working better and not pi**ing me off every day.  sorry for the bad language.  it is coming up to spring and we need to get serious about what our next project will be, so we will have time to order it and all be ready in april, which in only a few short months away.   

oh, shoot, i just thought of something i need to get done next month.  rats.   it won't take long. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
gini, has this next project been selected or is this to be selected? Either way I don't want to miss out from the beginning. thanks

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,048
Points 13,240

Star, I found my UFO hand appliqué finally.  Tulips in the Park by Piece O' Cake Designs. Remember, this is a BOM that was passed to several people before it ended up in my hands. The background color was the killer for the others. Two blocks were done when I got it. It's not my favorite color but it was free. Hehehe!  I have 7 out of 13 blocks completed. I will get stared on 8 and have it done by the end of February, as we discussed. How is yours coming along?

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,544
Points 391,527
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:07 AM

Pretty blocks Maggie.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,389
Points 25,985

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

I like the brown backgrounds since they tend to make the colors pop on the flowers.  This will be a very pretty quilt.  You have done a good job on the blocks.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,048
Points 13,240

Thanks Kris and Patricia. I had to promise the gal who gave it to me that I would do it before she would give it to me. Of course she didn't specify when it had to be finished!  HAHAHA I shared the pics with her and she is very happy I've picked it up again. ;-)

Thanks Star, I'm not sure i would have pulled this project and blown the dust (literally) from it if you hadn't been looking for incentive to finish your project. {hugs}

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 18
Points 240
Frank replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:22 AM

Beautiful. especially the purple/blues on the brown background.  Did the pattern call for 4 different background sq in each block or was that a design choice. Cannot wait to see the finished piece.

Question for the group:i am working the flower basket by edyta Sitar with the pre-fused backing on the applique pieces but was attempting to hand applique the raw edges which has forced me to use a thimble since it is like pushing a needle thru... (cannot think of proper adjective-easier to sew thru cardboard) And i keep tearing the edges when i try to take tiny stitches.  Suggestions?.  I know i can machine applique but was hoping to do it by hand. Am newish here and do not know how to start a new stream for this question. Thanks in advance.

Frank

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 3,495
Star replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:31 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine wrote the following post at Sun, Feb 3 2013 10:36 PM:

Star, I found my UFO hand appliqué finally.  Tulips in the Park by Piece O' Cake Designs. Remember, this is a BOM that was passed to several people before it ended up in my hands. The background color was the killer for the others. Two blocks were done when I got it. It's not my favorite color but it was free. Hehehe!  I have 7 out of 13 blocks completed. I will get stared on 8 and have it done by the end of February, as we discussed. How is yours coming along?

Hi Maggie, 

Your blocks are beautiful.  I agree, the brown makes the colors pop.

Trip to Boston went ok.  My daughter was hospitialized last Tues eve with preterm labor. No babies yet. She is 27+ weeks with twin girls. We hope she keeps them inside a bit longer. It was hard to come home and leave her in the hospital.

My trip home, driving with a dog, did not go so well.  About 2 hrs from home, on the last gas stop, I fell on ice at the gas station and broke my nose and right arm. i'm heading to the ortho doctor in a bit to have my arm casted. I have a radial head fracture, with bone chips at the elbow. So I won't be doing any sewing or quilting for a while.  

I will have to lurk until I am able to participate.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,892
Points 420,514
gini replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:24 PM

oh my gosh, star, how awful.  i hope you have a speedy recovery from your injuries.

maggie your quilt is wonderful, or will be when you are finished

melody,  we need to decide what pattern we are doing .

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,048
Points 13,240

Star:

Hi Maggie, 

Your blocks are beautiful.  I agree, the brown makes the colors pop.

Trip to Boston went ok.  My daughter was hospitialized last Tues eve with preterm labor. No babies yet. She is 27+ weeks with twin girls. We hope she keeps them inside a bit longer. It was hard to come home and leave her in the hospital.

My trip home, driving with a dog, did not go so well.  About 2 hrs from home, on the last gas stop, I fell on ice at the gas station and broke my nose and right arm. i'm heading to the ortho doctor in a bit to have my arm casted. I have a radial head fracture, with bone chips at the elbow. So I won't be doing any sewing or quilting for a while.  

I will have to lurk until I am able to participate.

Oh Star!  What a horrible way to end your trip. And how are you going to hold those babies when they come?

hopefully your hand will do okay after a few days in the cast. If you can move your fingers you can appliqué. ROTFL. Can you tell I can be like a dog with a bone when it is something I want to do?  I'd have withdrawals. Hahaha

Thanks for the compliment. Did you get anything done on your block before you put yourself out of commission?  I'm sure it was quite unsettling to have your daughter in the hospital. {hugs} your way!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,048
Points 13,240

Gini, thanks. I'm curious as to the pattern you are going to choose. I'm thinking I might join in. Lol. I posted my newest project in another group and several liked it. One person it didn't appeal to. Lol. To each their own.  

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:22 PM

I really like this one, Maggie. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,544
Points 391,527
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:45 PM

Star:
I have a radial head fracture, with bone chips at the elbow. So I won't be doing any sewing or quilting for a while.  

Star,

how awful for you. Rest up and take it easy. We'll be here.

Page 27 of 98 (1456 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.