GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,337 Replies | 51 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:35 AM

Barbara - I wanted to ask you whether you finished what you were working on at the NE Ohio retreat. The pumpkin thing???

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:53 AM

Shelia, I got the block finished I jut need to add alittle embleishment to it . I have not done the other one yet , Have had other things to do first . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 11:04 AM

To all,

Do any of you use a muslin for appilque or is it always a mottled /print fabric?

from TN

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 1:33 PM

Bev,

Sorry im not much help, im a beginner but i havent used muslin, mines a cotton slightly mottled, when Gini gets on here she will tell you if its feasable or not.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 21,150
Carol W replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 5:34 PM

Bev :

To all,

Do any of you use a muslin for appilque or is it always a mottled /print fabric?

Hi Bev, I have used muslin many times for the background of my applique work.  I just make sure it is a good quality muslin and not the real thin stuff.  It's great - just depends on the look you want.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 10:46 PM

hi bev,  yes, i have used mulin, carol nailed it,   use a good quality muslin. 

i've made a couple of baltimore style quilts on muslin.   i prefer now to have a subtle pattern in the background.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:18 AM

Bev :

To all,

Bev - Muslin is perfectly acceptable - good quality, of course. I've even found muslin in a few colors, too. It's not just white or cream any more.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:19 AM

Barbara:

Shelia, I got the block finished I jut need to add alittle embleishment to it . I have not done the other one yet , Have had other things to do first . 

What's it gonna be when it grows up??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:20 AM

I have finally gotten back to my wildflower blocks.  Worked on one last night.  I had forgotten how much fun these little fellows can be.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 8:44 AM

Sheila:

What's it gonna be when it grows up??

Idon't Know yet ,I only have two blcks so far ,suppose to be getting a third one here this week . I'll keep you updated when I know ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:41 PM

I apologize for not posting more often, but I don't have frequent access to a regular computer and my iPad won't let me post to this website. Anyway... someone mentioned an appliqué retreat and I just wanted to let you know there is a retreat coming up in October/November in the beautiful mountains of east TN. It is for fiber artists of all types, and several QCA members will be attending. If you would like to read about it, check out the Fabulous Fall Fiber Frenzy discussion in the retreat section of the website. There is a registration form in that section too. 

We still have a few spots open. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, my private email is sarawall@comcast.net and I will answer all your questions or email you a packet of info. There will be door prizes and gifts for every attendee, lots of laughs, and making new friends. Did I mention I will be cooking all your meals too? Just come and relax and enjoy your craft. 

On another note, does anyone know how to upload a photo to this website from an iPad? I want to show my latest appliqué block but don't know how to get it here, lol.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 5:49 PM

sara, do you have photo bucket?   i had to get photo bucket, upload my photos to it, then transport them here.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 6:51 AM

Sara,

You should try to stop by the Apple store with your iPad and have them walk you through, set-up, your link and uploading ability for this web site. You paid good money for your iPad and the store is there to help you with it.

I have gone to my T-Mobile store a few times when I've had issues with my Samsung Galaxy. They were super helpful. They probably looked at my silver hair and thought Oh no! Here comes another one of those old people who can't figure out how to answer the phone.  lol Thankfully, my issues were much more complicated than that.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 7:25 AM

i can walk sara through it.  it took three different helpers at the apple store before they got their heads together and figured it our for me.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 7:31 AM

gini:

i can walk sara through it.  it took three different helpers at the apple store before they got their heads together and figured it our for me.

I would love to know too. I tried the other day and all I got was frustration lol

Page 10 of 90 (1338 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use