GROWING IN OUR APPLIQUE

rated by 0 users
This post has 43 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:48 PM

Gini, I think that is a Great Idea,  sharing and asking opions is how we learn.   I need to ask if we are going to do the Fantasy Flowers for sure,  I do not want to cut everything out if we are not.  Also sorry if this is the wrong way to contact you but I am having trouble figuring out how to talk to any of you.  so I am going to reply to the e-mails I get.  Lynn

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 8:01 PM

Gini, maybe a horizon line could help.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 4,110

I think I would put something in the foreground like a potted plant, maybe smaller than what was on the original block and closer to the house, then add a small red wagon or something above the house to make it look like it's in the back yard behind the tree.  I like the distance perspective and I think you just need a little bit more to support that. I love your idea!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 8:48 PM

Lynn, this is as good a place as any to ask questions.   I read the posts everyday, unless I am traveling.

yes,  we are doing fantasy flowers.    I'll get the pattern out tonight and see which block we will start with.   One of the smaller ones.   I have a week, maybe I can get a good start on it and have it done around the first week of April.    I like to be one month ahead of all you guys.    

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 710
Bigburt replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 9:00 PM

Melody 

Designing our own blocks sounds like fun maybe we should give it a try. That is if anyone is interested I'm in anyone else?????

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 9:26 PM

Bigburt,  Patricia Faye and I are keeping everyone hopping right now, but once we get several blocks under our belts with country cottages and fantasy flowers, I think this is an idea we can run with.    I would love to make a quilt made  with designs from our members here.   We would need to have a theme, we would need to know how many are interested,   We couldn't do 20 blocks,  so we would need to figure out how to do a block selection if there were a lot of participants.   Lots of things to think about.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I love it and have an idea floating around in my head.  I have done a little research but was taking it slow until I was further along with other designers patterns.  But I'm all in.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:59 PM

Gini, I love the idea for this thread and also loved your idea to add a different type tree to each cottage. When I look at your block I picture a narrow walkway going out to the left with flowers along the inside of walkway like the flowers you have under the tree.

from TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Bev, love your idea,

Gini, this tread is a great idea. 

Melody, I'm in for the design a blck too. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:02 AM

Bev :

Gini, I love the idea for this thread and also loved your idea to add a different type tree to each cottage. When I look at your block I picture a narrow walkway going out to the left with flowers along the inside of walkway like the flowers you have under the tree.

Bev, I love this idea about a walkway lined with flowers

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:16 AM

Ok Ladies,

I still need to do the embroidery on this block and get some beads for the door handle.  But this block screams too open to me.  The large tulip bothered me so I re-directed the tulips to be more a garden than a house eater.  Now looking at the block it seems too barren over the tulips.  Any comments or suggestions.

Jan In Rochester nY

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:41 AM

Jan:

Ok Ladies,

I still need to do the embroidery on this block and get some beads for the door handle.  But this block screams too open to me.  The large tulip bothered me so I re-directed the tulips to be more a garden than a house eater.  Now looking at the block it seems too barren over the tulips.  Any comments or suggestions.

Jan In Rochester nY

Hi Jan,

Did you post a picture of your block? I can't make suggestions unless I can see what you're talking about.

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:54 AM

Ok, Here is the picture. The tulip one not the shamrock one.  I accidentally uploaded that one too and can't figure out how to get rid of it.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:21 PM

Don't you jjust love technology, jan.   remember that you can quilt stuff in the empty area, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:42 PM

Hi Jan,

I think Gini had a great idea about quilting stuff in certain areas of your blocks. If you're not interested in waiting for the quilting part, you could hand embroider some puff clouds in that area above the tulips and maybe add a small bird too. Or you can add some small wisps of smoke coming from the chimney.

northern colorado

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use