rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655
Patricia Faye Posted: Sun, Mar 24 2013 10:43 AM

Good morning!

This morning I will be posting  each of the first 6 blocks under its own thread.  As you complete a block, you can post it within the appropriate block's thread.  This should make it easier for everyone to find where to post their block since everyone works at a different speed.  

If you are a beginner, please don't feel pressured.  My role is to work each block prior to the scheduled month and to post what I found easy and/or challenging.  I'm a new appliquer too and will be very honest on my feedback for each block. We would like to hear your feedback  on each block too so we can learn from each other.

I hope this works for everyone.   If you have suggestions, please let me know.

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 11:01 AM

Thank You for all your work for us all.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 3:33 PM

thanks patricia faye, this is a great idea. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Patricia Faye, that sounds good! It will be easier to keep up with what's going on with where we are. I'm almost finished with Country Cottage 1 but have started Block 2 as well as starting the Wildflower quilt. I am finding the creative process different from pattern to pattern so I enjoy switching gears. I don't make any sense but this will, I get board easy. At any case I'm loving it.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 7:10 PM

Melody, you make a lot of sense to me,  I cannot work on one project at a time either

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 11:17 PM

Wow Patricia Faye you're a beast!!!  LOL  They all look great.   I am still just looking at the patterns and trying to muster up courage before I jump in on these. I think the are cute as can be but I am scared!  

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Erin:

Wow Patricia Faye you're a beast!!!  LOL  They all look great.   I am still just looking at the patterns and trying to muster up courage before I jump in on these. I think the are cute as can be but I am scared!  

Erin, you just have to jump in!  I sat & looked at the patterns for a while before starting on the first one.  Once I got started I discovered I could do it & when I have a problem I pull out one of my "how to" applique books or watch an online tutorial for help.  Don't be afraid, BE FEARLESS!  You can do it!  I think I've become addicted.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,800
Jacy replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:55 PM

Patricia Faye:
This morning I will be posting  each of the first 6 blocks under its own thread.

Goodness, you have been busy sewing! Your blocks look wonderful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 2:13 PM

Erin

Don't be afraid.   Applique is alot of fun once you bite the bullet and get started.   And these blocks really won't be too difficult.   You have lots of straight lines to get you started.   I know that you will do just fine once you relax and just get going.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 2:32 PM

erin, we are so lucky.   imagine applique with no electric lights, clunky scissors, coarse threads,  appliques from  old clothes, dull needles and pins, dull pencils and wood rulers, etc.  the women from the past turned out beautiful  applique without all the fancy gadgets and materials we have today.  you will do just fine.  

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:38 PM

Gini, I lost the post where I can get the pattern for the  country cottages appliqué and the fantasy flowers one? Thanks

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:28 PM

Angele:

Gini, I lost the post where I can get the pattern for the  country cottages appliqué and the fantasy flowers one? Thanks

Country cottages is at shabby fabrics,  they may not be free after march 31,   FF is found at p3 designs

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:08 AM

So I missed out on the country cottage ones...bummer! Thanks for the info. I will check the FF one today. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:25 AM

Angele, did you check shabby fabrics?    She has stated on her web site that you may copy and send her patterns to friends, if she is given her proper credit for designing them.    That's the way I understood her statement.   If you want the patterns, pm me with your address and I will mail them to you.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

gini:
    She has stated on her web site that you may copy and send her patterns to friends, if she is given her proper credit for designing them.    That's the way I understood her statement.   If you want the patterns, pm me with your address and I will mail them to you.

I have the pdfs for the Country Cottage patterns, so if any one needs them I can email them to you if you send me a pm.  

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use