Country Cottages Block 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 13,150

Gini, what a great idea to use rickrack. I have lots of giant rickrack I bought to add to granddaughter dresses. ;-) I just might have to steal a little for a couple of houses. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Mary Jane, I had to rip the first row of scollops off.  They looked like a wavy during a storm......up and down,  LOL  The curtains were to warm the cottage up, it looked cold and uninviting.  I'm glad you all liked it.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:24 AM

What a great job, Melody!

I picked up some fabric when I was at the expo last weekend.  My plan is to use it for all the houses, to keep some consistency.  Since my idea is to make them individual quilts to hang in my cube at work, I wanted it to appear as if only the month is changing, not the entire project. We will see how that all plays out!

As soon as I get a couple of pressing items taken care of, then I'm going to get started on my block.  And since I'm not going to turn them into a quilt that will need to be washed much, I'm going to have fun with embellishments as well.

I love the freedom to be able to adjust patterns to make them different and personalize them.  I can't wait to get started!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 13,150

Susie:

What a great job, Melody!

I picked up some fabric when I was at the expo last weekend.  My plan is to use it for all the houses, to keep some consistency.  Since my idea is to make them individual quilts to hang in my cube at work, I wanted it to appear as if only the month is changing, not the entire project. We will see how that all plays out!

As soon as I get a couple of pressing items taken care of, then I'm going to get started on my block.  And since I'm not going to turn them into a quilt that will need to be washed much, I'm going to have fun with embellishments as well.

I love the freedom to be able to adjust patterns to make them different and personalize them.  I can't wait to get started!

Susie, I'm not doing a quilt with these blocks either. I'm making something for each granddaughter. When I finally get the first one done I will post it and all of you can give an opinion (not that any of us are shy and reserved). Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:37 AM

MelodyP MO/KS:
Here's my Country Cottage Block 1.  There is plenty of improvement to be made, but practice makes perfect.  I used a silver metallic floss with the white to do the snow flakes.   I wanted to make them sparkle just a bit like real snow.  Metallic floss is hard to use and I would think twice before using it again.  I also added curtains.  My house reminds me of a poem I learned when I was a kid.   "There was a crooked man who had a crooked wife and they both lived together in a little crooked house"  LOL

I love your block Melody. Nice work. I love the s**wman's scarf and the house fabrics.. WTG.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

These Cottages adapt well to a lot of creativity, I think.  I have no idea what I will do with mine yet.  I am enjoying reading all the different ideas everyone has, so many possibilities!

Thanks Kris about the scarf, I wasn't sure about it.  It was rather dull.  I haven't bought fabrics for these because I want to use up leftovers, and I'm learning.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:00 PM

I'm a bit late Patricia, but I have to tell you I really like your block.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:02 PM

Cute block Melody!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:04 PM

Jan I love the details you added to the cottage.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:05 PM

Jacy, the fabric for your door is so much fun! I really like your block.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:08 PM

Cute block Gini

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:11 PM

Lynn, the background you picked is so cute! I like your block.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:13 PM

Oh Bigburt, this is a cute quilt. What are your plans for this one?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:15 PM

Janet your block is so cute. I love the details in your windows and the big snowflakes you did.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:18 PM

Oh wow Bigburt you are doing amazing work ! Your Hawaiian quilt and your block have so much detail and thought put into it! You should show your stuff lots. 

Angèle  from NWO

Page 12 of 15 (220 items) «Prev1011121314Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use