rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:53 AM

Robin,

Mine is cotton fabric.  I just needle turned him but instead of the hidden stitch I used the blanket stitch around the edge.

Jan

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,025
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:54 AM

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  I got the embroidery done this morning,  so I'll give some of these a try sometime this week.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 1:16 PM

Robin,

Ive just used normal patchwork fabric for mine, i needleturned him and i probably wont do the button stitch, but me and the snowman are still negotiating together on that one.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 7:43 PM

gini:
ask all the questions you can think of,  up to a couple thousand or so,  After that we get kinda testy.   I'm sure that's why some folks get irritated at me. I asked so many questions about technical issues when I first joined.  Kris is still patting me on my head and answering my pleas for help.

LOL.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 450
Raewyn replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:31 PM

Hello everyone I am still on the first block and learning as I go along. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on needle turn and now attempting the block. I am up to the second piece with the curves and have had three goes so far and pulled it off. I'm thinking I might get a better finish with freezer paper ? Or some kind of starch to hold it in place. I can't find a nice wool for the snowman so I think I'll use fabric too. What I have learn't so far is :

Don't use fabric that frays to easily (1st fabric I pulled off)

Don't draw the pattern out with fabric pens that disappear when you iron!  LOL!!

Learn to wear a thimble.. and  those tiny 10 and 11 size needles sure have small eyes.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Raewyn:

What I have learn't so far is :

Don't use fabric that frays to easily (1st fabric I pulled off)

Don't draw the pattern out with fabric pens that disappear when you iron!  LOL!!

Learn to wear a thimble.. and  those tiny 10 and 11 size needles sure have small eyes.  

LOL We've all been there and can relate. In fact, we all still go there from time to time. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Melody, you block looks fantastic!  I love the metallic floss. Try using thread heaven next time and see if it doesn't make your metallics easier to use. And, I love that crooked poem. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Melody, love your block & poem.  I rememberi it too.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Patricia Faye, I think I left out a line but I'm glad someone else knows that poem!  I think straight lines are harder than flowers.  Flowers are a lot more forgiving.  Thanks for the compliment!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Thanks Maggie, I will because I like the idea of a little bling in certain things.  The poem is from a Child's Garden of Verses or Mother Goose.

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 220
Points 4,090

Haha Melody, I remember that poem too! I love, love, love the curtains. So cute! Nice choice of fabrics too. I like your idea of the metallic thread on the snowflakes too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:40 PM

melody, your block looks great.   everything will even out when you quilt it. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 220

Melody

I just love your block. And I might just have to steal your idea for the windows,Great job.I'm having so much trouble with the scallops under the roof so I think that I'm going to fuse them.

Mary Jane

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 3:02 AM

Mary Jane, have you thought about using rickrack?

gini in north idaho

Page 11 of 15 (220 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use