rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn Posted: Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:43 PM

Hi!  My name is Lynn and I have been quilting for about 15 years.  I have been appliqueing for about 12 years.  I do needle turn app and machine as well as iron on.  but needle turn is my favorite.  I enjoy sitting with my husband at night and doing my app. it does not seem like I am working hard and before you know it I have the blocks done.  I have taught classe on applique and really enjoy it.  I am so glad to have found a group that I can talk about applique and share patterns and comments.  I look forward to  being part of this group.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:46 PM

hi lynn, welcome to the group.     one project has just started, country cottages, and we are hunting for a pattern for our next project.  we are going to try running two projects at once.  one as a beginner project and the other  more advanced.   i hope you join us in one of our projects.  and we love to get as much input as possible on our projects. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:49 PM

Thank You Gini,  Where do I go to see the country cottage pattern??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:32 AM

you'll find it at shabby fabrics, free to download under their free patterns.  i think they will be taking it down from the free patterns next month  so check it out soon and see if it is something you would like to join in on. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 9:17 AM

Welcome Lynn. This is a great group. I know you'll enjoy it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 9:38 AM

Gini,  I downloaded the Country Cottages today, it will be a cute quilt.  Look forward to working with you all.  Also I am sorry I have not figured out how to find my way around in this sight yet, so in reference to the quilt I said can be intense.  I saw one of the ladied posted a picture of a fall block of the month, that looked very intense, meaning very small pieces, I did Shades of Baltimore Spring, by Shades Textiles by Stacy Michell.  I enjoyed working on it and even did a hand button hole stich with quilting thread around each piece but I did not do the border.  So that was the quilt I was talking about.   am sorry if I am jumping in to much on this sight, but I am so happy to find fellow Appliquer's to talk to  and plan projects with.  Lynn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:50 AM

Lynn:
  am sorry if I am jumping in to much on this sight

oh my gosh, don't be sorry, that's what this site is all about, exchanging ideas and thoughts.  i'm pretty sure you can't "talk" too much here

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:54 AM

#101 Shades of Baltimore Summer Pattern

stacy mitchell has some nice patterns this is one.   her company is shades textiles. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:45 PM

Gini, That is very simular but It has been modified my pattern is several years old,  I would post the quilt if I could get the post to work.  I have so much trouble trying to get a picture posted.  I will try to put it on the regualr quilt sharing post.  I have block half way done.  Having fun with this.  Lynn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:23 AM

Lynn, have thought more about popping in and visiting with us here in branson. I would love to meet you.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

gini:

stacy mitchell has some nice patterns this is one.   her company is shades textiles. 

Gini, I like this too!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 362
Points 8,312

I have just joined this group.  Couldn't find a better place to ask a question that I need help with ASAP.  I'm making laundry bags with applique on them for seniors from high school.  I need some 2 1/2 inch letters for their names and can't find a place on the internet for free letters.  Do any of you know where I can come up with some letters about that size to use for the names on the bags?  I would appreciate any help you can give me! 

I've finished two quilts, one for wedding, other high school graduation for granddaughters and a tacked quilt for grandson.  He wanted something to use for camping, etc.  Now I have three laundry bags to get done.  All this while my husband has been down in his back and I've had to stop and do much of his work around the house and on the farm for him.  I'm getting tired!  If we end up with surgery, then I have quite a ways to go yet!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:06 PM

http://www.joann.com/embroidered-letters-2-/prd17897

theyonly come in. White, but they are the right size.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Fri, May 3 2013 8:52 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

gini:

Gini, I like this too!

I like this one too it may have to go on my christmas list.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:06 AM

Frances:

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

gini:

Gini, I like this too!

I like this one too it may have to go on my christmas list.

lots of love

Francesxx

I like this one too! Hmmm... maybe next year.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use