Maggie very cute thanks.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:43 PM

I'm in, have downloaded everything. I've not done applique yet ,so if you hear a lot of bad words floating in the air in the next few months, they're coming from me in TN.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:54 PM

KathyAnn:

I'm in, have downloaded everything. I've not done applique yet ,so if you hear a lot of bad words floating in the air in the next few months, they're coming from me in TN.

Welcome Kathy Ann,

Why should you be any different to the rest of us, some days when im doing mine my dad thinks im wrestling someone to the ground the amount of effort that goes into it :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:00 AM

KathyAnn:
I've not done applique yet ,so if you hear a lot of bad words floating in the air in the next few months, they're coming from me in TN.

you have done no applique?   this is a good project to learn on.  don't feel bad about turning the air blue, i've been known to fling my applique to the ground and stomp it into submission, however cursing is my first inclination.    when i was learning applique, i had to get a night guard made for my teeth, because i was clenching so hard while sewing.   now, most of the time it is relaxing to sit and sew while sam is watching tv.  but, not tonight,  i am reworking one of my wildflower blocks, something i rarely resort to.  it has sat here mocking me for way too long, so i decided it was time to stitch  it into submission. 

would you like me to hunt up some youtube videos to get you started?   there are a lot of good books out there, i would check with your library to see what they have available.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:15 AM

kathy ann, i private messaged you. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 675

Hi Gini.  As I am fairly new to applique, I would ask that you post the youtube videos on here.  I have a suspicion that there might be several of us that would like and benefit from them.  

Thanks Leslie usually on vancouver Island

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:23 PM

will do, leslie.   two books i like are:  the new applique sampler, from piece of cake and  perfect hand applique from liuxin newman.  but, again, i would check my library for books on hand  applique with good pictures. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 675

Thank you Gini.  I will check for those books in our local library when I get back home which will be early March.  I have an applique book I bought as well, but caan't remember the name of it.  I decided to search YouTube myself and found a the Missouri Star Quilt  Company has a 4 part series called Applique like a pro and they cover most of what we might be doing with the Country Cottages.  The pattern used even has a house on it.  I had a few questions after viewing them, but the videoing is very good.  I'm no expert, but I learned alot.  Looking forward to your suggestions.  

Leslie usually on Vancouver Island

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:21 PM

missouri starr has great videos.  what questions did you have?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSjDzfrdRRE  in this vedeo, she shows clipping the outside curves.  i only clip the inside curves.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eup22Ybqvvc

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:53 PM

i, once again, printed out the patterns.  i'm going to give up house cleaning i can never find anything afterwards. i couldn't get the computer at the office to print or even read the patterns, so i cut 7 inch background blocks.   because,  i misremembered they went on a 7 inch block, now i have reduced the blocks by 60% to fit on the smaller blocks, we'll see how it goes. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 675

Thanks for the video suggestions.  They are helpful and reinforce what I had recently been taught.  Good resource though when I need a refresher.  I have found a great (at least I think it's great right now) background fabric for the Cottages patterns.  I'm looking forward to getting started in March once we are back home.  

Leslie from Chemainus on Vancouver Island 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,530
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:19 AM

I've found a background in my stash and the pieces for my first house.   Planning on getting the piece cut and ready to travel this weekend so I can take them on an upcoming road trip.  

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,530
Robin replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:25 AM

Need to ask a stupid questions.  Probably the first of many.  The felt that they are referring to.... is it the traditional crafting felt or is it the felt that goes with felting projects? 

Feeling a little like the class dunce at this moment.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Page 4 of 8 (110 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use