rated by 0 users
This post has 109 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:19 AM

Okay,

Since i cant bear the thought of you lot having fun without me ive decided to join all of you, at the moment im not very keen on the pattern but saying that lots of times im not keen on something and i see someone change it either with fabric or embellishments and then i really like it, so if everyones okay you are stuck with me inbetween me bringing up the A*** end of the Wildflowers Applique quilt and my Hawaiian 12 days of Christmas Applique quilt (i blame Gini she is such a bad influence).

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:34 AM

Frances:
(i blame Gini she is such a bad influence).

Frances

I agree...  Before Gini I didn't have 3 applique projects that are in need of me getting them out and finishing them...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 884
Points 16,405

Lillie, I know what you mean about blocks 4 & 8.  I think you could reduce the size of the flowers & their stems to achieve a similar result.  I also don't like the stems being below the very bottom of the house either.  You are free to make changes to your block(s).  It's whatever makes you happy!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:23 AM

Frances:
(i blame Gini she is such a bad influence).

Yep, I blame Gini too. I started just about every project she gave us, plus some she "suggested". She's a fantastic enabler. LOL

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
Lparent replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 7:08 PM

I've debated whether or not I should start this or not, but what the heck, sounds like fun with a fun bunch of ladies.  Here's to Country Cottages in needle turn applique.

Lynn

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 7:26 PM

yep, i just swing my pocket watch back and forth three or four times and i can get you guys to do anything. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:01 PM

gini:

yep, i just swing my pocket watch back and forth three or four times and i can get you guys to do anything. 

now when you figure out how to get us to finish what we start, well that will really be something!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:46 PM

Jacy:

gini:

now when you figure out how to get us to finish what we start, well that will really be something!

Amen Jacy....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

So is the cottages the pattern for the entire group or is a second pattern going to be offered?  If no second I'll start drafting changes to the blocks since I don't care for the pattern that much. But of course I want in on the fun!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:45 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
So is the cottages the pattern for the entire group or is a second pattern going to be offered?

I think we are still deciding on a second project to start in april or may

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

It seems there a lot of people in for the cottages but no one for anything else. I don't want to rock the boat if the group has always done one quilt together then that's okay. I will make the challenge altering the blocks to suit my personal taste. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:13 PM

Maggie,

Dont worry you watch Gini will mention doing the second one and we will end up doing that one as well, just watch she seems to have the knack of getting us to do things we never planned on.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:18 PM

maggie,  i thought we should try running two projects at once.  one for beginners and one a bit harder.  i'll wait until the cottages are off the ground and running.  sometime in april or even may  we will start the second one.   we haven't decided which one that will be yet. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:50 AM

Jacy:

gini:

That'll be the day Jacy. LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Wonderful about two projects. I'm definitely in. LOL 

Gals, I found a cute simple practice block for Easter.  I know some of you said you've only done a heart. This might give you a chance to try your hand at a little embellishment too. Those eggs and chicks just scream to be glitzed. LOL

http://www.free-quilting.com/members/download.html?code=FQ00276

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 3 of 8 (110 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use