you'll notice that i made one of the buds with two pieces and the other two with one piece. the pattern called for three pieces. now i could fib and say i meant the top bud to look like that, that is not how it is in the pattern, i got the bud part too far up. after looking at it i decided it looked like a bud getting ready to open and i liked it. so it stays the way it is.
i will go back and add some color with embroidery, but i'm not sure it's worth the extra work for me to do these buds in so many pieces. this block was a bit harder. teensy little buttons, or flowery buttons would look good as flower centers.
i don't have the second september flower ready. it is half done. i am getting close to catching up. when we start the october blocks we will be half way through.
gini in north idaho
Very nice Gini. I like all the fabrics here. Thanks for sharing your process.
Very cute, Gini.
thanks linny and kris
Gini , beautiful
EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!
This one's not embellished yet either. The little buds were a challenge, but not too bad. I bet this one's pretty in real life.
linny, i'm moving all the like flowers to one thread
the above block is linny's i wasn't very successful with that move