rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 160
ROSEC-3 Posted: Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:21 AM

Hi all,

I joined a while ago.....I wanted to ask where do we get the projects to applique for the group?  I just started learning to applique and thought I would join..........rose

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 5:32 PM

ROSEC-3:

Hi all,

I joined a while ago.....I wanted to ask where do we get the projects to applique for the group?  I just started learning to applique and thought I would join..........rose

Hi Rose and welcome!

If you're referring to the applique project that is currently being worked in the group, you can get it from P3 Designs. It's called Wildflowers and here is the link.

http://www.p3designs.com/shop/product/pattern-wildflower/

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 6:14 PM

hi rose, we just got started and have about 6 blocks of 25 done.  i would love you to join us.   these blocks are intermediate abilities, but they can be enlarged to 12 inches to make them much easier.  you can also smooth out leaves and petal edges,  cut fewer pieces by combining pieces to make it easier.   the patterns are pretty inexpensive, which is one of the reasons it was chosen for this group.

i was out shopping to day and saw a pattern for a cute little fishy wall hanging that i thought i needed,  nope, changed my mind right quick when i saw  it was $22.   what are they thinking to charge that much for a pattern.   i  would love to know how many get sold.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 6:22 PM

thanks again lillie for helping out.   sam was in seattle  for a meeting and drove my car.  he then drove back to spokane yesterday.  i met him at the motel and spent the night, switched back to my car, and went SHAW-pping.   i need to be SHAW-ttt, because i bought MOW-er fabric, for a-NUTHER  quilt.   my dear brain disengaged for the entire morning and afternoon whilst i shopped. 

and what i forgot to mention, was i forgot my ipad so i couldn't keep in touch.  still shocked over shopping.

got some cool fabric for a cool quilt so all is not lost.   :  )  

and, yes rose, your fearless leader here is a little loopy, sorry if you were expecting a more reserved sort of leader.

tell us a little about yourself and what you like to applique.  do you do hand or machine?

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 160
ROSEC-3 replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 12:19 PM

Hi fearless leader....thanks you for the information...I retired a year ago June and I do make quilts and I usually do hand applique, but I haven't done that much...I just went to a class in Livermore, Ca and learned the starch method of applique and I really like it.....now I just have to find the time to do it....I am in a group of other quilters and we try to meet the last Sunday of every  month to visit and sew and we go on retreat aleast twice a year, we have become very good friends and hoping to make more through this site.  i don't know how to post pictures, but hopefully I can  have my daughter to help me if and when I do......I don't know if I will do this project, but will likely do one that isn't so many pieces, I am taking baby steps, so keep me updated....thanks, rose

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 1:01 PM

just stay in touch with this group and you will keep updated.  we would love to see some of your quilts when you get it figured out how to upload.  several of us here can walk you through it.   it isn't that hard after you've done a couple.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 7:37 AM

ROSEC-3:

Hi fearless leader....thanks you for the information...I retired a year ago June and I do make quilts and I usually do hand applique, but I haven't done that much...I just went to a class in Livermore, Ca and learned the starch method of applique and I really like it.....now I just have to find the time to do it....I am in a group of other quilters and we try to meet the last Sunday of every  month to visit and sew and we go on retreat aleast twice a year, we have become very good friends and hoping to make more through this site.  i don't know how to post pictures, but hopefully I can  have my daughter to help me if and when I do......I don't know if I will do this project, but will likely do one that isn't so many pieces, I am taking baby steps, so keep me updated....thanks, rose

Hi Rosec-3 and welcome. Did you take the applique class from Alex Anderson? She lives in Livermore. I used to live in Pleasanton, about 7 miles from Livermore. It used to be a sleepy little community and Livermore was even sleepier (is that a word?  lol). We loved living in that area. So much to do and see and not far from San Francisco or the wine country.  Living in No. Colorado now and we LOVE IT. 

northern colorado

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 160
ROSEC-3 replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:02 AM

Hi Lillie

I took the class from Sandra Mollen at the quilt store in Livermore, In Between Stitches, and she was very good and was always there to answer any of your questions.  I used to live in Dublin, many years ago before it added the shopping mall.  now living in San Joaquin county, very hot summers.....sorry it took me so long to answer, but still trying to figure out now to get around this website........

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 11:20 AM

they have been working on the server and the site is now working quicker,  it was like molasses getting on here for a while

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 6:48 AM

Hi Rosec-3,

Unfortunately for me, I did not quilt when I lived in Pleasanton. So I missed out on all the quilting opportunities that were available in the Bay area. 

Yes I remember how hot those San Joaquin summer can get. And Tracy was always so windy!  lol What's the name of that little town that processes the sugar beets? Well, maybe they don't process them any longer. lol

It's taken me a while to figure out how this web site works. There are still things I can't find. lol

northern colorado

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,316
Points 18,480

Hi Rose and welcome. These guys are very crafty and helpful. I've been lurking and watching them produce some beautiful appliqued blocks. I just cannot get it right by hand though! I am getting a little better with machine applique, but nothing I want the world to see..lol  Maybe one day...

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:31 AM

They removed the subsidies from sugar and it is now cheaper to import

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 1:45 AM

Hi, Cindy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use