WILDFLOWERS - BABY BLUE EYES

rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:03 PM

mjnev, hello and welcome to the group.   here's the link to the wildflower patterns

http://www.p3designs.com/shop/product/pattern-wildflower/

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,175
Jan replied on Thu, May 9 2013 1:04 PM

These flowers are starting to be more fun than when I started.  Some of them still look intimidating, but I will work at my own pace.

Jan

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, May 9 2013 6:12 PM

Pretty block Janet. You're doing a good job. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 234
Points 4,340

They're coming right along, looking good!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:25 PM

jan,  you're doing just fine,  i like this block.   when you get 6 or so done, you will be very surprised at how spectacular  they look together. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,175
Jan replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:46 PM

Gini,

I am really liking the outcomes.Letting the needle do more of the turning on its own instead of forcing it with finger nail or thumb nail and it has become fun. DH has fallen in love with them.  When I told him I had plans to finish it for Christmas for DIL he had a huge frown and sighed. He asked if I could be talked into making something else for her and keeping this one.  Sounds like a plan to me.

Jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, May 10 2013 11:59 PM

jan,   years ago i took a class on a water color quilt.   now, mind you, i had made many many quilts over the years and i had several quilts on  each of the four beds in the house.  i came home with this quilt, and sam said, "  this is the prettiest quilt you've ever made, it's beautiful".  kinda off hand i told him since he liked it so much it could be his.   he got a funny look on his face and told me it was the first quilt i had ever given him.    i thought all the quilts i had made were ours, i guess i forgot to mention that to him.   after all these years, it is still one of his favorites, and he refers to it as "my quilt" 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:43 PM

Jan,

Very pretty block.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Jan, great job!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,175
Jan replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:40 PM

Gini,

DH is overly sensitive about things being "equal" or him "being part" of the family.  So after I made the 3 quilts for Christmas last year for our children and the 2 for the grand daughters, I knew he needed to be in the line up pretty quickly.  I am doing the paper piecing compass blocks and gathering what I need to do Harry Potter.  He is a HUGE Harry Potter fan so I thought, this is the one.  I will still do it and it will still be his, but he is so ecstatic about each of the Wildflower blocks, I think that is the one.  I am going to see if I can finish it for his July Birthday.  Not sure that I can and keep the quality of work.  Maybe he will get 2 quilts for Christmas! Funny how they don't think the ones on our beds are theirs.  He has even picked out the fabric for most of them.  Men, one of the most fun challenges in life. LOL

Jan

Page 4 of 4 (55 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use