rated by 0 users
This post has 1,267 Replies | 47 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Elaine Phillips:

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
forgot the wedding quilt that I started for my son and daughter-in-law that just celebrated their one year anniversary. LOL  "I'm woman, hear me roar!"

Maggie, I am further behind on 3 graduation quilts than you are the wedding quilt/ I have 2 grandsons that graduated 2 years ago and one this year, the tops are done, but they want them hand quilted. I have one in the frame, but the other two are waiting in line.

Elaine, too funny. I didn't mention the baby quilt for my now 4 yr old granddaughter. LOL. it is partially machine quilted, then I noticed a snag in the embroidery. Pooh!  So I set it aside and still haven't picked it back up. I'd say 2 yrs isn't bad!  ROTFL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

gini:

I still,have wendy and scots' wedding quilt to quilt.   If I wait a few more years, they can have it for their 25 th.

Yeah, my daughter-in-law told my newest daughter-in-law that Malari might get her baby quilt for high school graduation and that she might get her wedding quilt on her 25th anniversary. Smart Ass!!!  So this year they are all getting teddy bear raggedy flannel quilts. And they better feel appreciative or those other quilts might be UFOs when I die. ROTFL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

I started embroidering  blocks for a baby quilt for my youngest daughter before she was born. I didn't finish it until she was 20 and gave it to her for Christmas that year. I guess we all procrastinate.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 5:37 PM

Gini

I absolutely love Bune'.   Your applique pops right off the quilt.  I would be honored with a quilt like that.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Nana, she did do a wonderful job but if you're trying to butter her up so she'll give it to you the line is long. ROTFL  I didn't even put my hat in the ring because there were so many that beat me to the offer to take it off her hands. LOL I think she has changed her mind about liking it after it came back from the quilter. We told her it would be a keeper. ;-) Just who was going to keep it was undetermined. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:56 AM

Maggie

I could always talk into bringing it to retreat in Oregon and then just hide it in my bag.   She wouldn't miss it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Gini, be careful. It sounds like Nana is not only a practical joker but a a schemer too. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:34 AM

Yep, I've got her number.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

There you go again.  You are probably going to bed when I'm getting up for the day. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:11 PM

found my cottages and my camera

it's a good day

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

gini:

found my cottages and my camera

it's a good day

OMG!  I've misplaced my cottages patterns. I was looking for tem this morning. I'm trapped in the office this week so i've been taking handwork to do on break and lunch. It helps me keep my sanity. I wasn't sane today. ROTFL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Hi all.  Boy, Gini takes a sabbatical and the conversation stops. How is everyone doing on their quilts?  I finished fantasy flowers block 2 but it looks too plain. I'm trying to figure out what I want to add with hand embroidery. I have started on block three and making great progress. I did this block a little different than my normal appliqué.  I was in a hurry to get started and put my stuff in a bag to take to work. I had pressed and starched one piece under so I thought I had done them all (I put my pieces in envelopes so I don't lose them - experience). When I pulled out my stuff during break, I realized my mistake. I was too anxious to start so I basted everything down by hand and I am attempting needle turn. So far so good!  But now that I've talked about it I expect things will go downhill. ROTFL

Hope you all are enjoying your appliqué and would love to see the progress or hear about it at least. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:37 AM

Im at a bit of a stop at the moment been away on holiday for 3 weeks in the last month, trying to cross stitch a snakes and ladders board for a christmas present and changing sewing rooms and putting together a quilt frame so next week i should get my butt into gear and back at it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:46 AM

Maggie,

I am working on the wildflowers, Country Cottages and Fantasy Flowers. I prepared the kits for what should have been done through July and took a vacation with them. Got some done. I had heatstroke while on vacation. My daughter spent the better part of the first week home in and out of the emergency room, heat related as well. Once she was fully hydrated all is well. So I have through the 3rd Fantasy Flower appliqued but in need of the embroidery.  Mid August we were working on taking out some bushes and I fell and was out of commission for a week.  Then my thumb started aching, to the end of total immobilization a week ago. While it is doing significantly better, I still am unable to grip. Of course, it is my dominant right hand.  So I am not getting very far. But as soon as I can grip again,  I am sooooo ready to get movin' on.

Jan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:17 PM

Maggie, I'm at a dead stop (and have been for a while) on my Wildflowers and I don't intend to start another applique project until that one is done. I've got too many other irons in the fire at the moment with a machine embroidery swap, BOM, Christmas gifts, classes, etc. Yikes! And...my baby was in the shop for 2 weeks to replace the internal power supply. Ladies, the DT's of withdrawal are awful! LOL! I don't have a spare machine (other than a serger) and it was heck not being able to do anything except amass more patterns and fabric...hmmm, well, maybe not so awful now that I think about it...

Page 73 of 85 (1268 items) «Prev7172737475Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use