GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,305 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:27 AM

You can tell I haven't posted in forever and have forgot how!! This reply was to Gini telling Sam she lost something so wasn't cleaning house anymore!! Isn't she too funny!! From someone who loses something every day....I love her recommendation!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 1:00 PM

I think I have temporarily given up on the Country Cottages.  I haven't even started the first one.  But I am going to pull out my wildflowers again.

And my RR is due by the end of the month & it will have quite a bit of applique on it.  Unfortunately, I can't post a picture of it until it is all done and returned to me...sometime end of December/early January.  I am just hoping that it turns out as well as the picture in my head.  Isn't it fun to work without a pattern sometimes?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 1:18 PM

Susie, is that like more guts than brains?? No pattern? Yikes - girlfriend, you scare me! Off to Linda's tomorrow a.m. Sorry you aren't able to join us but, we'll be thinking of you!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 1:43 PM

Sheila:

Susie, is that like more guts than brains?? No pattern? Yikes - girlfriend, you scare me! Off to Linda's tomorrow a.m. Sorry you aren't able to join us but, we'll be thinking of you!!

You mean it takes brains to quilt?  And here I thought I was doing so well without them!  roflol!!  I do have a ROUCH pattern in my head.  I know what it needs to look like and am winging it...so far, so good.  But I counted wrong and shorted myself 2 rows on top & 2 on the bottom.  Easy enough fix, but I got so frustrated that I had to take a break and haven't gotten back to it.

I am going to miss you guys!  But my son'e first football playoff game is Saturday and I really need to be there for the boys.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 5:23 PM

We'll be thinking of you but we understand.  Have fun! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:20 PM

slight change in plans here.   i won't have time to lead a fall quilt along.    if anyone else would like to lead a project, i would love to have you,  patricia faye?  are you up for another one?  you did a great job on the cottages,    

i was at a hippy fair with my daughter this weekend, and there was an artist there,   kate endle.   her art work is wonderful.   she does graphic designs for her children's books and has illustrated caspar babypants'  songs.    i talked to her and told her she should do patterns for quilters and she said she had been approached by a local publisher, that patchwork place. she told them she didn't have enough time.    her art work is collage and they would be very quilt friendly. 

i bought her calendar, some notecards and a book.   the plan is, to make elza a quilt from her designs.   did i mention they are too, too cute. 

http://www.kateendle.com/

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 884
Points 16,405

Sure Gini, I would love to lead a fall quilt along.  I'd like to do Garden Party since I have the pattern & has very few small (tiny) pieces.   I can't recall the other patterns that were talked about.  Send me a pm to let me know how to proceed.  The fall is right around the corner.

I looked at the link you included and they are such cute designs.  They certainly would be easy to make into a quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:09 PM

gini:
did i mention they are too, too cute. 

They ARE cute, they will make a wonderful quilt.

I don't know how antsy everyone else is to start a new project, but I don't mind if we wait till the start of the year. I have a lot of projects going on right now, although that's nothing new!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Jacy, I'm with you but for those that want to start a new one, more power to you. I haven't finished my cottages and Fantasy Flowers yet. I have 16 raggedy flannel quilts to make for Christmas and a Harley t-shirt quilt. I also have at least two Halloween costumes (granddaughters) and a RR. Oh, forgot the wedding quilt that I started for my son and daughter-in-law that just celebrated their one year anniversary. LOL  "I'm woman, hear me roar!"

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 4,095

Maggie, you're a hoot. I won't be ready for another one until next year either. I'm already in trouble with my quilt guild because I told them I don't have a quilt ready for the quilt show this year, LOL.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Janet, the quilt show if the life of the guild. I'm sure you are in BIG trouble!  LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Patricia Faye:
I'd like to do Garden Party since I have the pattern & has very few small (tiny) pieces

Iwould like to do Garden Party, too. But I wouldn't mind waiting a while to start it. I have the pattern and have rounded up some background fabric, but there's so much going on right now. If you do start it soon, tho, I will give it a go.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
forgot the wedding quilt that I started for my son and daughter-in-law that just celebrated their one year anniversary. LOL  "I'm woman, hear me roar!"

Maggie, I am further behind on 3 graduation quilts than you are the wedding quilt/ I have 2 grandsons that graduated 2 years ago and one this year, the tops are done, but they want them hand quilted. I have one in the frame, but the other two are waiting in line.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 1:20 PM

Bune' is entered in the fair.   Sam and I went last night to help hang quilts, and, big surprise, I had the wrong day.   Carla, the fair superintendent, was just leaving (we went to school together),   She Told Sam to go home and make me bring some quilts back in the morning.  They only had 35 quilts entered.   SO, after an all nighter  putting binding and labels on,  I have 6 quilts entered.  Since I have about 15% of quilts entered, I should win something.

Carla loved the name bune'',   She said, I'm telling the judges what the name stands for. 

Tonight,  tonight, gini, you need to go hang quilts.  I may even get another dinner out of ole' tight wad.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 1:21 PM

I still,have wendy and scots' wedding quilt to quilt.   If I wait a few more years, they can have it for their 25 th.

gini in north idaho

Page 72 of 88 (1306 items) «Prev7071727374Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use