GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,354 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 924
Points 17,125

Elaine Phillips:

I received my garden party pattern, so will be ready to start in September . I am reorganizing my fabric so as I find one that will work for it I am putting it aside. I thought about ordering the kit until I saw the price! I'm sure I can come up with fabric from my stash. It may have a totally different look, but that is ok with me. Easier on the pocket book.

Elaine, I'm primarily using fabrics from my stash too.    I did purchase a few fat quarters for the leaves,  a brown fabric for the tree, and a striped fabric for the top, bottom, & side sashing.  My fabrics won't match exactly with their picture, but it will be unique and my own creation so I'll be happy with it.  I took a look at each of the pattern blocks and the appliqués are really large & overlap each of the blocks.  I'm looking forward to working on this one.  No tiny pieces like Fantasy Flowers and Country Cottages.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

gini:

i forgot about jingles.   will the blocks all be posted by this fall?

Im not sure but there are enough posted now to get a good start. I think she is on appliqué block 4. I've been downloading them every month. I think starting a Christmas quilt in July is a great idea. Who needs to finish one quilt before you start another?  That doesn't sound like a true quilter!!!  LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Maggie, I do to.  But I have other projects that I feel compelled to work on.  But you never know, I may just go for it!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Melody, I've been thinking I need to start this quilt too because I need a Christmas quilt. I've kinda gone nuts on quilts this year. I always make things and give them away as gifts. Everything I'm doing now I'm keeping. ROTFL.  I guess I'm making up for an empty quilt rack. :-D

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Maggie, good luck with that.  I too give away everything.  LOL

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 234
Points 4,340

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

gini:

i forgot about jingles.   will the blocks all be posted by this fall?

Im not sure but there are enough posted now to get a good start. I think she is on appliqué block 4. I've been downloading them every month. I think starting a Christmas quilt in July is a great idea. Who needs to finish one quilt before you start another?  That doesn't sound like a true quilter!!!  LOL

I looked yesterday and more than half of them have been posted. My problem is that I feel the need to finish at one of the 20 or so that I have started before I start another one. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:55 AM

Janet Yamamoto:
I looked yesterday and more than half of them have been posted. My problem is that I feel the need to finish at one of the 20 or so that I have started before I start another one. LOL

finish a quilt???? how does that work?

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 234
Points 4,340

gini:

Janet Yamamoto:

finish a quilt???? how does that work?

Haha, point taken.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:23 PM

I've lost track...I think. What are we working on?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:16 PM

i'm working on being 39, skinny , rich,  and drop dead gorgeous with a boytoy.    it isn't going so well.   i'm still 59, fat, not rich, not gorgeous and i have sam, who is a few years past boy toy status. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:19 PM

isn't there some song about high hopes?  that's what i got me.  high hopes.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 234
Points 4,340

haha Gini, You're too funny! We all live on high hopes now, don't we?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 924
Points 17,125

I've finished all my blocks & am trying to decide on a border/sashing.  Here are the 2 fabrics I pulled out & put up on my design board.    I'm thinking the pink as sashing & then adding the brownish color as a thin border all around with another wider pink one.  I think it would make the blocks pop!  Any suggestions?

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 10:12 PM

gini:
i'm working on being 39, skinny , rich,  and drop dead gorgeous with a boytoy.

ROFLMAO. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, we have a lot in common!  LOL

MelodyP

Page 68 of 91 (1355 items) «Prev6667686970Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use