GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,309 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

I'm glad you're home. Thank you for  your comments on my blocks. I hope things can get a little bit settled for you now, so you can enjoy the rest of your summer. Safe travels to you. Take care.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, so glad you are home.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Gini, you sure are racking up those frequent flier miles!!!  Glad to hear "dad" is doing great but it sounds like Aunt Judy is going to need a little help. I agree, when it rains it pours. I hope Sam hurries home. Sounds like you might need a little "cuddle" time yourself. {hugs}

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 9:40 PM

Unfortunately, I'm racking up frequent driving miles and I don't get compensated for those.  It's a 5 or 6 hour drive from here to Seattle.  

Today I racked up miles to Spokane.  Dad had his appointment with the colon doc.   We a cautiously relieved.  He has to have his colon removed and the doc thinks she can hook him back up, so no bag.  It's nice to have a plan.  Mom needs to keep him from eating so he doesn't blow  up,  to keep him out of the hospital until his surgery.  I told dad they are whittling away part by part, he'll be a bionic  man if they need to replace anything more.  

I was up half the night trying to find my purse, finally after I went to bed, still racking my brain, I remembered It was at the office where i was faxing stuff to Sam.   I was up at 4:30 to have time to locate it.  I found my purse at the office, looked at the gas tank and was empty, stopped to fill my car and realized my credit card was in the truck, drove back home to find it, and was still at mom's early enough that dad wasn't fussing about me being late.

while we were waiting on mom, dad and I watched a new fawn in the back yard frolicking with a couple of does.  They little guy was leaping in  the air and flipping around, kicking up his heels.   The does we're jumping around with him.

my aunt's angioplasty went well. They found one of her stents had closed and replaced that. She should be home by now.  And my other aunt has to do another round of daily chemo.   They found some active cells in her lymph nodes.  She's driving herself to C d'A every dsy, about an hour one way,  so I told her to call and I would ride with her to keep her company.

i have been traveling so much and dad sitting, that I have broken into my last emergency appliqué project.   I have misplaced my cottages and am waiting for them to make themselves found.  It would be nice to have them to work on.  Are you guys sensing a theme here?   I can't keep track of anything.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:38 PM

Gini,

My thoughts, prayers and hugs are with you, I would lend you my memory but mines a bit hit and miss at the best of times so i think you are probably better off with your own.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:02 AM

my mind wanders so often it's a wonder i ever find it.

my dad was funny, in the hospital one day, he was complaining about how full his head was of thoughts.  he just couldn't stop thinking thoughts from everywhere were crowding his head and it was driving him nuts.   so two days later he had forgotten about that and was complaining about how empty his head was.   he said to me, "virginia, there's nothing there, i keep trying to think of something, anything and there's just nothing there"   poor guy, he can't find a happy medium.

i get into trouble when i am thinking too much,  so sam is one lucky duck that most of the time i only have air up there. 

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

It's no wonder with your brain overflowing with all the stuff you have to do! Hang in there. I'll pray that you can find your cottages, lol. Prayers for you and your family with all that is going on. I think you just need a chauffer and then you could have some sewing/unwinding time between all the jumps!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Gini, the "WonderWoman" of Idaho!!!  If your cottages don't surface, start Jingles!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Gini, the "WonderWoman" of Idaho!!!  If your cottages don't surface, start Jingles!

Are we going to do the Jingles quilt together? I have been saving all the posts so I can start it as soon as I finish the Country Cottages! Have you started it already?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I received my garden party pattern, so will be ready to start in September . I am reorganizing my fabric so as I find one that will work for it I am putting it aside. I thought about ordering the kit until I saw the price! I'm sure I can come up with fabric from my stash. It may have a totally different look, but that is ok with me. Easier on the pocket book.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 1:19 AM

i forgot about jingles.   will the blocks all be posted by this fall?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

What is jingles?

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:34 AM

jingle all the way by erin russek.     you buy the center pattern and she posts the surrounding blocks on her website that you can download for free. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:36 AM

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/2012/12/announcing-jingle-block-of-the-month.html

the white blanks are where the blocks of the month go

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

thanks, the center is very pretty.

MelodyP

Page 67 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev6566676869Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use