GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,309 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, I do hope that life turns the page for you so that things get more pleasant.  It seems that troubles travel in a pack and this pack has overstayed it's welcome!  Please know that my prays and thoughts are still with you until you can relax again.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:26 PM

Thanks melody.

i made it to Seattle to get some baby cuddles.

They released dad for the time being.  He was in today for a colonoscopy, and duh, they couldn't get through the blockage.   I think they don't know how to proceed or are afraid to, so we wait until they confer some more.

sam is mr. Flexibility and is coping well with his challenges.  One of his traders came to sam's room to talk and totally lost it.  I wasn't there, but my friend said Sam sat there with his arms crossed and didn't blink an eye until the guy wound down and left.  The next day the guy got down on his knees and apologized. You would think he had six year olds working for him instead of 60 -y-o men.  He is a busy boy and now I have to learn how to audit files so I can understand the business.  Dang, I guess I'm not fully retired anymore either. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 13,130

Gini, that's the way of things. As long as Sam works, so do you. Hahaha  I had a great time at the retreat but DH didn't do anything with the roof while I was gone. It has rained everyday!  But he did a lot of fishing. Hahaha. While at the retreat I did a lot of socializing and started block 2 of FF.  the time was very relaxing. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, I'm sure the baby cuddles helped a lot! It sure would me.  So glad your back (even if it is employed)  You have been missed.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 4:29 PM

i've been working on the borders.   those shiny areas aren't really shiny,   just the camera glare.  this isn't the final order,  i just threw everything on i had made so far.   i can see from the picture i need to put the darker blocks on the bottom to weight it.    but you get the idea of where i'm heading,  unless i change my mind.   :  ) 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, this is just beautiful!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,765
Points 67,060
Bonita replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:27 PM

Beautiful blocksGini, hard to choose a favorite.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 310

Beautiful Gini! I love how this is turning out. Great color choices=)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 13,130

Gini, just beautiful. Talk about some "stitching time!"  I finished my last RR quilt top and sent it home, finished my insulated kitchen curtains and have begun my FF block 2. I need to get started on the next set of country cottages for the granddaughters scrap books. I need to get Christmas started too. Gee, I have a huge to do list. Hahaha!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:05 PM

Very pretty, Gini!  You have such a way with color!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:43 PM

Gini,

Its beautiful you have done a wonderful job.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

Oh Gini! I love it! This inspires me to get going!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:58 PM

Thanks, everyone.

i've spent the last two nights in the hospital with dad.   They are now talking about removing his colon.  He's 80.  The longer they put him off the weaker he gets.  He hasn't been able to eat without his tummy blowing up to gargantuan size,  he was able to drink for a while, but now they've restricted everything and put a tube in his tummy.  Poor guy.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

So sorry to hear that Gini. I hope the surgery will make his life better. It's a hard call, but I guess at this point, just about anything has to be better than that, huh? Praying for your family. Hang in there.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 13,130

Gini, {{{hugs}}} and prayers coming your way for you and your family.  I hope life gets back to whatever your "normal" is. Although since I've known you through QCA your life hasn't been exactly what most people call Normal so I wouldn't be able to define your normal. Hahaha!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 65 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev6364656667Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use