rated by 0 users
This post has 1,305 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:18 PM

Gini

I have been so swamped with everything going on here that I haven't touched any applique.   I still need to finish Wildflowers and there isn't that many blocks left for me to do.   I hope that things will slow down soon but doubt it seriously with summer about to rear its head...LOL>   I do plan to get Fantasy Flowers and Garden Party done at some time in my life.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 221
Points 4,095

I think I've got all I can handle right now. I'd love to do a Baltimore Album quilt next year though.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:30 PM

Janet Yamamoto:

I think I've got all I can handle right now. I'd love to do a Baltimore Album quilt next year though.

me. too.   it's been a while since i made a baltimore album.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:04 AM

I would definitely go for a Baltimore Album next year.  I have always wanted to do one and now that I have gotten and am getting better with applique, I think I am confident enough to tryl.
Jan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 884
Points 16,405

What specific Baltimore Album pattern would you use?  Where did you purchase it?  There are quite a few on the internet.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:01 PM

I'm on my third Baltimore Album and I took various blocks from Ellie Sienkiewicz..  You can get her books at Half.com or E-bay.  It is hard work but the results are worth it.  I will never do another one after this.  It takes too long.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

I looked at the Buggy Barn quilt and I think I'll pass on it. If you decide to do a Baltimore album I might be interested. Or maybe a Maggie Walker pattern. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:35 PM

Gini,

I think im up to my limit at the moment with the Wildflowers, Country cottages and Fantasy flowers, not counting the others ones ive got that i havent started.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 12:08 AM

gini:
How is everyone liking more than one project?   Is summer going to slow you down?  How many of you are sitting on the sidelines, and wishing you had joined in?   I'ld like to know if your not joining in is due to a timing issue, a confidence issue or not enough time in your day.

I traced the first fantasy block but, even though I'm really busy and have issues to deal with, neither project speaks to me. I'm not sure I'll make either one. 

I've been doing very little sewing these days. Not feeling inspired.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini,  I have had to take personal time but am back.  I am working on Cottages and Wildflowers.  I have to say that it is all I can do to not start the Fantasy quilt but I have promised myself to get at least one done before starting another AND I want to do the Baltimore quilt for sure.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 12:32 PM

gini:
I am nearly done with my fantasy flower blocks and will need another project for this fall.   Is anyone up for another project this fall?   I'm thinking about starting the buggy barn quilt several of us have already  purchased.   Have I peaked your interest?

I have 3 cottage blocks done, and 1 fantasy flowers.

I say go ahead and start the Garden Party quilt in the fall, there are several of us who have the pattern already, seeing yours in progress may help motivate us to get going on it too. Also it will give me motivation to get busy on the cottages and fantasy flowers this summer, knowing there's another project in the fall.

If no-one else works on it, we'll still enjoy seeing progress on yours.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

I agree with Jacy. Who knows, by fall we may decide to throw an additional project your way Gini (like a Baltimore album). I love having multiple projects going. I will be able to pick up the pace on this group when I get my RR appliqué completed, which shouldn't be too long now. I've got all the pieces together and it's just a matter of of putting them on the quilt. :-D. It is too big for me to take to work so I've been working on my Fantasy Flowers block 1 on my lunch time. It is finally done and I'm loving it!  I'm very pleased. ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:37 AM

I have gotten a lot of stitching time in while I sat in on meetings, the next block of FF is nearly done and the last one ready to go.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

gini:

I have gotten a lot of stitching time in while I sat in on meetings, the next block of FF is nearly done and the last one ready to go.

Yahoo for Gini!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:16 PM

Gini, what is FF? Is this a hand stitching?

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 35
Page 63 of 88 (1306 items) «Prev6162636465Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use