GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,309 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 12:55 PM

Frances - sew beautiful! Very whimsical and so much attention to detail. I Love, Love, Love it! Adore the fabrics you chose and all of the little critters just totally set it off. Every time I look at it, I see something I didn't see before.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 1:18 PM

Shelia,

Just to clarify it definately wasnt one of my quilts, even with the amount of different projects i take on, that is not one of them.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Hi all,

I just got home from spending the day with Star at the Paducah quilt festival. We had a great time and tried very hard to help the economy!  I bought tons of different types of appliqué needles in search of the perfect one for me. I got fabric, books, rulers, fusion pens, patterns, and much more.  We walked and walked and walked!  I had a chance to see the American Album Quilt and oh my!  It is a must have!!!  The blocks are gorgeous and to see the actual blocks made up just made it even better. Frances, you better start collecting. They have 29 states to date.

I love the fact that I have been able to meet some of our quilters in person. So far I've been able to meet Diana, Nana and now Star. I've had a wonderful time in their company. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you if I can ever get to a retreat. I plan on attending the Iowa AQS Quilt Show this year so if anyone is planning on attending, let me know. I've never been to the one in Iowa.  Or if anyone is planning to pass through Paducah I'm just a stones throw away so would love to meet.

Thanks again Star!  It was a wonderful day. {{{Hugs}}}

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:32 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hi all,

I just got home from spending the day with Star at the Paducah quilt festival. We had a great time and tried very hard to help the economy!  I bought tons of different types of appliqué needles in search of the perfect one for me. I got fabric, books, rulers, fusion pens, patterns, and much more.  We walked and walked and walked!  I had a chance to see the American Album Quilt and oh my!  It is a must have!!!  The blocks are gorgeous and to see the actual blocks made up just made it even better. Frances, you better start collecting. They have 29 states to date.

I love the fact that I have been able to meet some of our quilters in person. So far I've been able to meet Diana, Nana and now Star. I've had a wonderful time in their company. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you if I can ever get to a retreat. I plan on attending the Iowa AQS Quilt Show this year so if anyone is planning on attending, let me know. I've never been to the one in Iowa.  Or if anyone is planning to pass through Paducah I'm just a stones throw away so would love to meet.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, I bet it was fantastic.

I have already brought 2 of the American states quilt patterns, well when i ordered fantasy flowers it seemed a shame not to add a couple more things to the order, you know to make the most of the postage, not that i wanted them LOL.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 100

Gini, Yes I am a beginner in quilting and applique.  I would love any suggestions.  I am having a fourth back surgery in a few weeks and need things to do while I recover.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:44 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hi all,

I just got home from spending the day with Star at the Paducah quilt festival. We had a great time and tried very hard to help the economy!  I bought tons of different types of appliqué needles in search of the perfect one for me. I got fabric, books, rulers, fusion pens, patterns, and much more.  We walked and walked and walked!  

I had a great day, made better with Maggie as my guide. My first time at the Paducah show. I bought a few things, no fabric. I was pretty restrained due to ongoing medical bills. I did manage to pick up rulers, thread, needles, gadgets, gadgets, spent at bit of money at the P3 booth, great to see the Fantasy flowers quilt in person and the technique used for their appliqué.  

Thanks Maggie {{{Hugs}}}.   P.S. love your little car!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:05 PM

Cheryl, I am out of town for a few more days, I will get some stuff together for you when I get home.   Good luck on your surgery.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105
Star said: "Thanks Maggie {{{Hugs}}}. P.S. love your little car!" Maybe my aka should have been "Smarty" to match the plate on my Smart car. HAHAHA!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I have been working on the cottages and the wildflower.  I have taken pictures but just haven't posted them yet.  Might do that today since the day is gray and threatens rain.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 2:57 AM

cheryls, i'm sorry this took so long

piece o'cake deigns has a great applique book. 

elly sienkiewicz's book baltimore beauties and beyond,  volume 1 does a great job.   liuxin newman's book on applique goes through everything, thread needles, fabric, plus technique. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 3:24 AM

i feel like i haave been running through molasses for  a few months.  i just cannot get caught  up on everything,  oh well.

tonight wendy got everyone tickets to go to the high school play.  this year they did guys and dolls, and gave a stellar performance.  wil and his dad were slumped in thier seats half asleep.  princess and her mom were on the edge of their seats the whole time.   wendy took princess backstage to say high to justin, the kids' piano teacher.  he's a sophmore and has a lead in the play.   she told him to break a leg.   as she and her mom walked to back  stage, i heard her explaining to her mom how it was bad luck to tell someone good luck before a performance.  

this week was crazy busy, after being gone for nearly a month.

i had the boys today and the grands,  they decided it would be a great idea to roll in the sand.  dex got bit by something in the sand pit and had a big rash on his leg.    gave him some benedryl, so he went out like a light. 

wil's fiddle recital is sunday,  i'm leaving monday for seattle  to spend some time with DD#2. her baby is due in a few weeks.  sam wanted to go with me, but i nixed that.  he and amie are like oil and water, not what she needs when she is nesting. 

i'm home friday, sam leaves saturday for a week in branson.  i have princess the following weekend, and i'm not sure when sam is coming back home.   that is too far out in the future.   he no sooner gets home than he has to go back to branson, just when the new granddaughter is due.  

in the meantime,  MQ8 is in pieces, i only have one cottage done,   though all the houses are cut out.

wil has had a nasty bladder infection so we have been in and out of the drs. and hospital with him all week. 

some how i need to find some time to get the next fantasy flower ready by monday so i have something to take with me to seattle.  or i could take the cottages. 

i'm pretty sure the summer is going to go along something like this spring.  i need a vacation. preferably on a deserted island.  oh and sam is trying to talk me into going to belize next spring, on a dive trip.  i have to decide in the next week.  that means i'll have to lose 40 lbs, so i can get back in the boat after dives or find a dive  boat with a hoist on it.   and i'll have to fly  home alone from belize.   grrr.  i hate making hard decisions, i've never flown through the houston airport.  

i really really need to find time to sew.   prioritize my life.   get better organized.  i'm way to ditzy to get any of those accompllished, but i can dream.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

gini:

i feel like i haave been running through molasses for  a few months.  i just cannot get caught  up on everything,  oh well.

tonight wendy got everyone tickets to go to the high school play.  this year they did guys and dolls, and gave a stellar performance.  wil and his dad were slumped in thier seats half asleep.  princess and her mom were on the edge of their seats the whole time.   wendy took princess backstage to say high to justin, the kids' piano teacher.  he's a sophmore and has a lead in the play.   she told him to break a leg.   as she and her mom walked to back  stage, i heard her explaining to her mom how it was bad luck to tell someone good luck before a performance.  

this week was crazy busy, after being gone for nearly a month.

i had the boys today and the grands,  they decided it would be a great idea to roll in the sand.  dex got bit by something in the sand pit and had a big rash on his leg.    gave him some benedryl, so he went out like a light. 

wil's fiddle recital is sunday,  i'm leaving monday for seattle  to spend some time with DD#2. her baby is due in a few weeks.  sam wanted to go with me, but i nixed that.  he and amie are like oil and water, not what she needs when she is nesting. 

i'm home friday, sam leaves saturday for a week in branson.  i have princess the following weekend, and i'm not sure when sam is coming back home.   that is too far out in the future.   he no sooner gets home than he has to go back to branson, just when the new granddaughter is due.  

in the meantime,  MQ8 is in pieces, i only have one cottage done,   though all the houses are cut out.

wil has had a nasty bladder infection so we have been in and out of the drs. and hospital with him all week. 

some how i need to find some time to get the next fantasy flower ready by monday so i have something to take with me to seattle.  or i could take the cottages. 

i'm pretty sure the summer is going to go along something like this spring.  i need a vacation. preferably on a deserted island.  oh and sam is trying to talk me into going to belize next spring, on a dive trip.  i have to decide in the next week.  that means i'll have to lose 40 lbs, so i can get back in the boat after dives or find a dive  boat with a hoist on it.   and i'll have to fly  home alone from belize.   grrr.  i hate making hard decisions, i've never flown through the houston airport.  

i really really need to find time to sew.   prioritize my life.   get better organized.  i'm way to ditzy to get any of those accompllished, but i can dream.

haha, Gini! I know just how you feel! Relaaaaaaaxxx! This isn't a race. Heehee. We need to meet in the middle of Utah somewhere, where there are no phones, or stress. Just quilt blocks, needles and thread! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 1:22 PM

i'm not racing, i don't move that fast.  i just wish outside influences would calm down.   it's gonna be challenging at my DD#2's she is ultra liberal and vocal and i'm neither.  believe it or not i am not that much of a talker.   i just don't get the chance to talk much around sam and DD#1?  they are space talkers.  you leave a few seconds devoid of sounds and they rush to fill it up.    i find it hard to listen to them.  DD talks too fast.   she has to repeat everything three times and i piece together what she's saying.  sam rambles.  by the time he gets to the point of whatever he's talking about, i've forgotten where he started.  then he gets mad because he thinks i'm not listening, but really, how am i supposed to remember the beginning of the story after a half hour of ramble.

i'm surprised she wants me there for a week.   maybe she'll  kick me out and i can come home early.   gotta remember to pack the IBU, she only has futons.

where in utah?  wendy, are you there.   we couild meet at wendy's house  :  )   perhaps we should drop in and surprise her   :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

Yeah, I'm like you. I'm the quiet one and my husband can talk for hours. He can't hear either so half the time he starts a conversation when there is already one going because he doesn't think anyone else is talking.  I'm hoping to be going up to Salt Lake the first part of July, but until then we have to work, work, work so we can afford the time off.  Who is Wendy and where does she live?  Maybe we SHOULD drop in for a week or so. Do you think she'd mind? LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 2:25 PM

wendy is a member here, and  i'm sure she wouldn't mind  :  )     we have a baby arriving in june, so i don't think the time frame will work for me.   wendy works for a school district, has some of the summer off,  and may  have some insight on good quilt shops to visit.  i'll go ask her.   there used to be a wonderful quilt shop in sandy.

gini in north idaho

Page 59 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev5758596061Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use