This post has 1,269 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:32 AM

Frances:

Kris,

I love your block its beautiful did you pick the fabrics or was it a kit/BOM.

lots of love

Francesxx

Thanks Frances. It was initially a BOM I signed up for as my first appliqué project. I immediately realised I was in over my head so it sat for a few years. I decided I wanted different fabric so I bought some. Now I can make two quilts (and probably will).

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:36 AM

gini:
 i misremembered how big the blocks on cottages should be and cut them way too small.     not wanting to waste fabric  :  )    i shrank the cottages.    after doing one scalloped border in miniature, i'm thinking that wasn't such a smart move. 

Gini,

I know you can handle the smaller pieces. I bet they're cute.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:35 AM

gini:

i misremembered how big the blocks on cottages should be and cut them way too small.     not wanting to waste fabric  :  )    i shrank the cottages.    after doing one scalloped border in miniature, i'm thinking that wasn't such a smart move. 

lol Gini. That totally sounds like something I would do.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:07 AM

Kris:

Frances:

Kris,

I love your block its beautiful did you pick the fabrics or was it a kit/BOM.

lots of love

Francesxx

Thanks Frances. It was initially a BOM I signed up for as my first appliqué project. I immediately realised I was in over my head so it sat for a few years. I decided I wanted different fabric so I bought some. Now I can make two quilts (and probably will).

Kris,

Didnt you do that with the redwork quilt you did, end up getting two quilts.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:16 PM

Kris:
I like the current schedule. I think we should continue to start a new project every April.

i think i waited too late this year, kris.   the pattern won't ship until march 19th. it will be a push for me to get it done by april 1st, but i can try. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 220

Kris             I,m new to the  group  and don,t  know  where to fine info. Can you please tell me where to find the pattern for the Vintage Valentine. I saw it before and I can't remember were                                                       Thank You            Mary Jane

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
Lparent replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:16 PM

I would love to be able to make this one with you, however by the time I pay shipping to Canada and wait 3 weeks for it to be delivered (once they open again), I don't think I will be joining you.  I'll carry on with the Cottages - I almost have the first one done.

Lynn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:55 PM

Hi Mary Jane.

Many quilts shops have the pattern or are doing it as a BOM. Try The Vintage SpoolCheryl's Quilt Corner sells a kit without pattern or you can purchase the blocks separately.

Try a google search for the pattern to find more.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:58 PM

Frances:

Kris,

lots of love

Francesxx

What are you trying to say Frances?

LOL yep I signed up for a BOM for the red one then bought a blue one years later. I've done this with other patterns and books as well. I had two of the "My Whimsical Garden" as well but I gave one away.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:59 PM

gini:

Kris:
I like the current schedule. I think we should continue to start a new project every April.

i think i waited too late this year, kris.   the pattern won't ship until march 19th. it will be a push for me to get it done by april 1st, but i can try. 

Gini,

I think it will be OK if we're a little late. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 8:12 AM

gini:
i am going to do a prairie point border in brown with just a touch of color on the inside of the points.

Just stumbled across this note - hadn't heard the new plan.  This sounds exciting, and I can't wait to see it!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:37 AM

Kris:

Frances:

Kris,

lots of love

Francesxx

What are you trying to say Frances?

LOL yep I signed up for a BOM for the red one then bought a blue one years later. I've done this with other patterns and books as well. I had two of the "My Whimsical Garden" as well but I gave one away.

Kris,

I envy you in so many ways, i have enough trouble just making one of anything.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 1:39 PM

i have been twitchy since i finished the wildflowers and the border for the guild quilt.  i just realized i don't have an applique project that i can get my hands on and stitch.     i could work the cottages ahead,  but it isn't the same as having a project in hand that needs to be done tomorrow.   i have been pacing at the house and irritated at the sewing room for no reason   i don't know if i can wait for the next project to show up or if i need to start something new.   i have a lot of quilts i should be finishing, but that isn't appealing to me right now.  i want to dig into a  big applique project.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 1:58 PM

Gini,

Perhaps you should ask Kris if she has a spare project, she seems to have two of most things :-)

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 4:23 PM

Come finish my Baltimore, Gini.  I don't want to look at it anymore!

Page 44 of 85 (1270 items) «Prev4243444546Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use