rated by 0 users
This post has 1,301 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:37 AM

Gini,

I might lag behind a little as I am pretty new to this, but I like this a lot.  If this is the choice I think I am with you.

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 1:28 PM

emily,  the blocks were due to be done in april.  i kinda lost track of posting the months with the blocks ,since everyone was doing them out of order.  not, i repeat, not a big deal,  it's all good.    but we just lost track of the month part.  originally, i had them scheduled to finish up in april.  i am aiming for one quilt every year. 

we could push the start date out to june if you like, i'm easy. 

i thought it might be nice to have two quilts going this year, and easy one and a harder one.  patricia faye was kind enough to take on the beginner quilt.  it's an experiment in how many quilts people want to do and how often.   i'm feeling my way as we go.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 3:09 PM

Frances:

Oh go on Kris, you know you want too.

lots of love

Francesxx

And at $8 its not going to break the bank.

Yes I do want to Frances. What's one more pattern right?

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 3:11 PM

Gini,

I like the current schedule. I think we should continue to start a new project every April.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 3:18 PM

BTW I finished my second "Vintage Valentine" block. This is block one in the pattern. After I pressed it and placed it next to the first one I noticed  big goof; I used the leftover fabric instead of the fabric I cut for the block so this one was shorter than the first. Having no intention of redoing the whole block I added a piece to the bottom. It's not readily noticeable and will be almost invisible when I quilt it. Anyway, here it is:

• Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:35 PM

This is a beautiful block, Kris.  If you added the piece to the bottom it is invisible! 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:49 PM

Gini, I think you are doing a great job and the idea of two groups going is very smart thinking.  As the Applique Group keeps growing you would be spending all your  time on the computer and you need some quilting time too.  This way the beginners and the more experienced can get more help than one person could give.  I feel like I am bringing up the rear with the Wildflowers and I want to yell:  'WAIT FOR ME......."   But I am working now on my 23rd block and would love to finish this quilt.  I love the Wildflowers.  And the Fantasy Flowers will be taking some time to do too so I want to finish this one before the next.  At least I am trying and running out of breath....puff, puff, puff. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:05 PM

this isn't a race , emily,  you will get there in your own good time and it will be beautiful.  

which reminds me, i forgot to post my wildflowers here.   i finished the top at the branson retreat.    i opted to not do the floral border.  i thought it was overkill on my quilt.   in the middle of the night, i came up with a border solution.  the two i had planned didn't work.   i am going to do a prairie point border in brown with just a touch of color on the inside of the points.   once i figured out what i was doing i needed to figure out how to do it.  that morning i got up and diana was sitting there.   " diana, this is what i want to do, how can i do it"   without missing a beat she said, oh, yeah, that'll work and showed me how to do what i wanted.   it's great having smart friends.  i have 2/3s of the points sewn, then i realized i can't attach them until it is all quilted.   oh, well, that will have to wait.   it's going to be purty, though, when it is done. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:21 PM

Emily:

This is a beautiful block, Kris.  If you added the piece to the bottom it is invisible! 

Thanks Emily.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:22 PM

gini:
i have 2/3s of the points sewn, then i realized i can't attach them until it is all quilted.   oh, well, that will have to wait.   it's going to be purty, though, when it is done. 

Gini,

I can't wait to see it. You'll need to move this up on your list to be finished.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:31 PM

Kris:
I used the leftover fabric instead of the fabric I cut for the block so this one was shorter than the first.

i misremembered how big the blocks on cottages should be and cut them way too small.     not wanting to waste fabric  :  )    i shrank the cottages.    after doing one scalloped border in miniature, i'm thinking that wasn't such a smart move. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:28 AM

Kris:

Frances:

Oh go on Kris, you know you want too.

lots of love

Francesxx

And at $8 its not going to break the bank.

Yes I do want to Frances. What's one more pattern right?

Exactly, before i joined QCA i only had one quilt to do, now the list is endless.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:29 AM

Kris,

I love your block its beautiful did you pick the fabrics or was it a kit/BOM.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:34 AM

Emily,

Sorry to dispell the myth but bringing up the rear is what i do, its my job in life and i have prizes for it, its funny i always thought with quilting i would prefer Machine work, but i realised yesterday i prefer Applique and my EPP i think its just what i feel comfortable with. So grateful thanks to Gini for showing me something that i really enjoy.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:36 AM

Gini,

I have to say im with you on the border i think its a bit overkill so mine when i get to it will be very simple (like me)

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 43 of 87 (1302 items) «Prev4142434445Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use