GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,309 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:11 PM

All the McKenna Ryan quilts I've seen are fused, with lots of tiny pieces.  I don't know if they can be done with needleturn, has anyone ever tried?

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:45 PM

I do not want to do anything that fuses.  As far as I am concerned,  that isn't true applique.  I would use it but right now I want to applique the old fashioned way.  I did 3 Baltimore Album quilts without fusing any of it.  I like the Baltimore's but they will take a longer time - and I am kind of Baltimored-out right now.  I still have one waiting to be finished quilting and I am doing the Wildflowers instead because I am enjoying them more. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:47 PM

Well I have fabric for "Garden Party", "My Whimsical Garden" and "Vintage Valentine". I've started "Vintage Valentine" but have been taking my time. I think I sew three or four pieces on every time I pick it up (about once a week).

I love "Wind in the Whiskers" and will do either that or "Bella Garden" as a BOM from Keepsake Quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:02 PM

Jacy:

All the McKenna Ryan quilts I've seen are fused, with lots of tiny pieces.  I don't know if they can be done with needleturn, has anyone ever tried?

I don't think I'd want to. Such small pieces.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:04 PM

emily, the mckenna ryan quilts i've seen aren't very adaptable to hand applique.  they are  designed  to be done with fusibles. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:05 PM

i just realized, jacy, that the white blocks are where the  BOMs go.   this is very cute.  

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:31 PM

Oh, that's too bad.  I liked those. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 4,130

I love the Baltimore Album.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:16 PM

My vote would go for Garden Party or Beloved Baltimore.   I have always wanted to do one of Ely's designs.      I love Vintage Valentine but the pattern is pretty pricey.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:34 PM

Has anyone looked at Berries and Bluebirds on www.buggybarnquilts.com      It can be found under either their BOM or Kits.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 13,130

Jacy:

Yes, I have done them by adding a tiny seam allowance around the pieces. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 13,130

Gini, if I knew how to take a poll electronically so everyone could vote I'd do it. LOL. I'm with Frances, lets do 'em all, at the same time!  Hahaha!  All I can do is vote for my least favorite. There are several in the list that are pricey. FYI, the Audubon Christmas is only  $69 plus change at AQS. Since I'm doing this with my LQS (digitized) and a second one (hand appliqué) it really doesn't matter to me. My least favorite (more advanced only) are Whimsical Garden, Garden Part, and the Owls.  I love the dimensional quilts, anything Baltimore, anything Maggie Walker, anything McKenna Ryan, and Helene Knott's Quilts. Helene's Bloomin Dogs and Garden Patch Cats are really fun looking. And I absolutely love her Post Cards from Japan. http://www.storyquilts.com/html/patterns.html

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:25 AM

Gini,

Although i have no right to put my tuppence into this conversation, since im still wading through the wildflowers, I will on the grounds that i will probably end up doing this one as well and my Dad owes me a Christmas present which he said i could have quilting thingies with (so that will pay for the pattern), and since i should have plenty of spare time from the 8th of March when my job finishes. I like all the Baltimore ones but i really love the Halloween one from P3 designs, Halloweens not a big thing over here so for me this is an unusual thing.

But no doubt with you dangling that watch in front of my eyes i will end up with whichever one you decide on.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 13,130

Frances:

Gini,

Although i have no right to put my tuppence into this conversation, since im still wading through the wildflowers, I will on the grounds that i will probably end up doing this one as well and my Dad owes me a Christmas present which he said i could have quilting thingies with (so that will pay for the pattern), and since i should have plenty of spare time from the 8th of March when my job finishes. I like all the Baltimore ones but i really love the Halloween one from P3 designs, Halloweens not a big thing over here so for me this is an unusual thing.

But no doubt with you dangling that watch in front of my eyes i will end up with whichever one you decide on.

lots of love

Francesxx

France's, fight the trance. Put on your ruby slippers, click you heels together and say "there's nothing like Halloween Baltimore" over and over. It worked for Dorothy!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
YO HO ANYBODY HOME? I have started the Cottages and have the base of the first cottage on, but I'm not too sure about the scolloped eve. It is intimidating :-\ Any pointers?

MelodyP

Page 33 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use