GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,301 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:35 AM

Nevermind, I was just blind.  I opened them and went back a page or two and there it was.  I think I may buy the pattern, but I am going to "practice" with the country cottages first.

Jan in Rochester, NY

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:40 AM

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=67912101721106791&Store_id=425&page_id=23&Item_ID=3692

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 1:31 PM

gini:

frances, the country cottages are free to download, and i'm sure you have enough fabric hidden under your bed to do them.  :  )

Gini,

I love you lots you keep trying to get me attached to the country cottages but i think that ones a no, and have you been peeking under my bed:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 4:41 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hey Star,

Are you interested in one of these quilts?  You know you won't be casted forever. Are those fingers working yet?  ;-)

Hi Maggie, and everyone else. I'm on my third splint in 11 days! I like this one, the splint stops at my wrist due to a compression injury from the last splint. My right arm is still stuck at a 90 degree angle, but the fingers should be working soon :-)

I will try and get back to work on my block this week. I have tons of UFO's, but really like the Garden Party. It looks like we buy the book, right?  So, I'm in for Garden Party. I do really have a soft spot for Baltimore Album style quilts though ;-)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:12 PM

star, we have only decided on the country cottages,  the other project is still up in the air. we have a month or so to decide. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:13 PM

Frances:
and have you been peeking under my bed:-)

i'm still sneezing from the dust bunnies hiding there. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

Star:

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hey Star,

Are you interested in one of these quilts?  You know you won't be casted forever. Are those fingers working yet?  ;-)

Hi Maggie, and everyone else. I'm on my third splint in 11 days! I like this one, the splint stops at my wrist due to a compression injury from the last splint. My right arm is still stuck at a 90 degree angle, but the fingers should be working soon :-)

I will try and get back to work on my block this week. I have tons of UFO's, but really like the Garden Party. It looks like we buy the book, right?  So, I'm in for Garden Party. I do really have a soft spot for Baltimore Album style quilts though ;-)

My gosh girl!  Are you hard on splints or just trying to find a comfortable one?  You better be tickling the needle soon. Those muscles will tighten up. Just do 5 or 10 minutes at a time and build up. You can always lean your 90 degree arm on the arm of the lounger. It will put you at a better sewing position. Prop some pillows under it if you need it higher. 

Im with you on the Garden Party but would rather do a Baltimore album. LOL

Glad you are lurking!!!!!!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:19 PM

gini:

Frances:
and have you been peeking under my bed:-)

i'm still sneezing from the dust bunnies hiding there. 

Yep youve been under my bed.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:59 PM

bump

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 12:59 PM

well, that didn't work

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:01 PM

well, that didn't work

gini wrote the following post at Sun, Feb 10 2013 2:17 PM:

Garden Party Block of the Month

garden party, by the buggy barn.   whoever it was that didn't like owls, something else could be put in it's place, like more blossoms, a butterfly,  A squirrel looking down at the cat,  you could probably leave it blank and it would look fine.  $28.00 for patterns

whimsical garden, by piece of cake.  this is very cute, too, and would be a lot of fun as a group, seeing all the different colors.  $18.00 for patterns

the audonbon quilt by kathy mcneil.  this quilt was mentioned.   the entire set of patterns is $80 through AQS.  i think that is a bit steep, although it is a beautiful quilt. 

i see, the owls were a separate pattern,  this is from fatcat patterns.   very cute.  are you sure you want all those eyes staring at you while you're making this quilt, jacy?    

erin russek christmas quilt

erin russek's, christmas quilt.   this one is pretty repetitive, and we'ld have to piece the center first.   

vintage valentine, by verna mosquera, $64 for patterns.   this is really cute, too kris.  my wall could use this for the month of february.  

these are all the suggestions i could find.   if i've missed any, let me know and i will add them or if you think of any other patterns. 

i'm sorry maggie, i didn't go back far enough  these are maggie's contributions

above is a pearl pierra (sic), the same designer that did our wildflowers, from P3 designs.   i have the first block finished and love this quilt. 

a maggie walker design

both of the above are mckenna ryan quilts.  

sorry maggie i didn't mean to slight you, i just didn't get all the way through the posts to get yours in. i love everything that elly sienkiewicz designs. 

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=67912101721106791&Store_id=425&page_id=23&Item_ID=4680

Starlit Garden

buggy barn has a new pattern book.

Beloved Baltimore Album Quilts

i love elly's patterns

Berries & Bluebirds

another buggy barn quilt, berries and bluebirds

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 95
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:16 PM

Gini,

I would probably try the owls or the Halloween Baltimore album style one.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:44 PM

Gini, this is the Erin Russek christmas one I was talking about. It's called Jingle bells. I think she is doing one appliqued and one pieced block per month. Those are free but if you want the center block the pattern is $10.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:49 PM

I think my first vote would be for Garden party or Whimsical Flower Garden.

My second choice would be Vintage Valentine or Baltimore halloween, I've always loved both of those but the cost of the patterns has kept me from buying them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 4:47 PM

I love the McKenna Ryan quilts.  I have not seen them before.  And also the  Baltimore's are nice too.  I don't care for the whimsical cottages or the garden party all that much. 

• Post Points: 35
Page 32 of 87 (1302 items) «Prev3031323334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use