gini replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:15 AM

i've been called worse, maggie. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Gini, your too funny.  I'm sitting here looking at this RR quilt top, trying to decide what I want to add. I've been doing hand appliqué and would like to do it on every top. It is going to be washed and used a lot. If it is quilted well do you think it will hold up to the use?  It's a 1930s quilt and I'm having difficulty with the colors from the original center tying in with the first border that came to me. Wish I could post and get some suggestions. Hmmmm....

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:51 PM

there is no reason an appliqued top shouldn't last as long as a pieced top.  the quilt is as good as the work you put into it.   a quilt that is washed and used a lot will not last as long as a show quilt,   but that's why we are quilters, we can always make another one. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:52 PM

do you not have a digital camera to post pictures on here?  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:55 PM

i'm sorry frank, i missed your question.  it is nearly impossible to hand sew through the fusible.   can you not do it on the machine? 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:00 PM

patricia faye, i pm'd you. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:07 PM

frank, i pm'd you

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:17 PM

ok, folks, lets see a show of hands.   several of us have garden party already and would like to start it this year,  it is the one that has been mentioned the most.    if you have another pattern  that you would rather do as a group project, you need to speak up this week.   the wildflowers is nearly done.   we need to have our pattern selected so we can  get busy picking out  our fabrics and cutting out backgrounds.  

garden party isn't cast in concrete yet,  but i would like to know how many of us want to do this one, and who is going to opt out if we pick this pattern.   i would like to try to find something  that everyone would like to do.   i'll see if i can get pictures up of the quilts that have been mentioned.   my daughter switched me to google chrome, and i can't post links any more, so you all might have to cut and paste when i get them on here. 

if patricia faye is serious about leading country cottages, we will run the two quilts semi-simultaneously, i don't think we will start in the same month.    an easy one for beginners and a harder one for beginners+.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:17 PM

Garden Party Block of the Month

garden party, by the buggy barn.   whoever it was that didn't like owls, something else could be put in it's place, like more blossoms, a butterfly,  A squirrel looking down at the cat,  you could probably leave it blank and it would look fine.  $28.00 for patterns

whimsical garden, by piece of cake.  this is very cute, too, and would be a lot of fun as a group, seeing all the different colors.  $18.00 for patterns

the audonbon quilt by kathy mcneil.  this quilt was mentioned.   the entire set of patterns is $80 through AQS.  i think that is a bit steep, although it is a beautiful quilt. 

i see, the owls were a separate pattern,  this is from fatcat patterns.   very cute.  are you sure you want all those eyes staring at you while you're making this quilt, jacy?    

erin russek christmas quilt

erin russek's, christmas quilt.   this one is pretty repetitive, and we'ld have to piece the center first.   

vintage valentine, by verna mosquera, $64 for patterns.   this is really cute, too kris.  my wall could use this for the month of february.  

these are all the suggestions i could find.   if i've missed any, let me know and i will add them or if you think of any other patterns. 

i'm sorry maggie, i didn't go back far enough  these are maggie's contributions

above is a pearl pierra (sic), the same designer that did our wildflowers, from P3 designs.   i have the first block finished and love this quilt. 

a maggie walker design

both of the above are mckenna ryan quilts.  

sorry maggie i didn't mean to slight you, i just didn't get all the way through the posts to get yours in. i love everything that elly sienkiewicz designs. 

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=67912101721106791&Store_id=425&page_id=23&Item_ID=4680

Starlit Garden

buggy barn has a new pattern book.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:36 PM

this is block one of country cottages by shabby fabrics.   all of the cottages are the same with different fabrics  the images on the left are different for each month.   i don't know how long this will be available, for copying free, but she does say that she understands it isn't always possible for someone to down load them.  if  someone wants to start later and the patterns  are no longer available i read that as it's ok to send the patterns although she prefers if you download directly from her site.  which is perfectly reasonable. 

it looks like rick-rack was used along the eaves on all the houses, making it that much easier.  this is a sweet pattern.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,442
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:08 PM

Gini,

she has also started a new one this year that can be made with wool. January and February are available. February looks like a crazy patch.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:24 PM

kris, is that from shabby fabric?   i would like to have a pattern that i can work ahead and have it done before i post it.   we can put this on the back burner for next year.  i'll go check it out,  oh, duh, if we don't start until april,  i'll already have the patterns ahead.   i'm  a fast thinker here.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:30 PM

kris, i think that would be a better project for the crazy group.   it looks like all the blocks are a pieced heart with a monthly banner.   maybe, not, the first heart wasn't crazy pieced.  hmmm

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
gini, I love all three but need to stay with the little cabins. I have enjoyed needle applique, on my heart lol, so better keep it simple.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
The Garden Party looks fun, would it be suitable for a beginner?

MelodyP

Page 30 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev2829303132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use