GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,267 Replies | 47 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 21,725
Susie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 3:46 PM

I will see what I can find for BOM without flowers.  I'd love to join in, but am not a flower-y person, and the females in my family aren't either.  So, something more along the lines of kid applique, or something whimsical would be so much better for me.  But, please don't make your choices based on me.  I STILL haven't gotten the second block from wildflowers done.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

one dimensional appliqué?  I've been interested in doing a Baltimore album type quilt. There is also a Baltimore bouquet album or traditional Baltimore album. Here is some eye candy to ponder. 

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Ku9sXxsuwX4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKu9sXxsuwX4

OR what about this?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 21,725
Susie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:21 PM

Now I'm getting messages that my posts have to be approved by the moderator.  Very strange...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

One last artist I'd like to put out there. She is one of my very favorites, Maggie Walker. 

http://www.maggiewalkerdesign.com/

this one is a quilt I've dreamed of doing. I just need a little incentive and encouragement. Lol. Anyone up for this one?

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Susie, try McKenna Ryan. 

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/products/U12.L6/McKenna%20Ryan.htm

this is one of hers. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

After looking at McKenna Ryan's stuff again, I wouldn't mind doing her new quilt. 

http://pineneedles.com/

As you can see, I like a wide variety of things.  Just some suggestions for thought. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:36 PM

Maggie,

Love them all lets do them all at the same time i wonder who would finish first (yep i know Gini)

No honestly i do like them all i like the halloween one from P3 designs but i think P3 designs do some of the nicest Applique. The one on my wish list is the one of the American states but havent got round to sending for it yet.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,282
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 11:46 PM

Jacy:
I'd like to do Buggy barn's Garden Party, the cottages or piece o'cakes Whimsical Garden.

I'll do "Garden Party" or "Whimsical Garden".

I'm downloading Erin's "Jingle" but not sure if I'll make it. I'm waiting for her pieced block before I make my decision.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,282
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 11:48 PM

Susie:

Now I'm getting messages that my posts have to be approved by the moderator.  Very strange...

That's one of QCA's errors. Just try posting again when you see it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Frances:

Maggie,

Love them all lets do them all at the same time i wonder who would finish first (yep i know Gini)

No honestly i do like them all i like the halloween one from P3 designs but i think P3 designs do some of the nicest Applique. The one on my wish list is the one of the American states but havent got round to sending for it yet.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances,

I know it wouldn't be me!  I have so many on my wish list that I'm not sure i could do them in a lifetime. Hahaha

I could go for the American Album. Is this the one you're talking about?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:36 AM

Yes Maggie,

Thats the one i just think each of the blocks is lovely especially since im in England the blocks all look interesting.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Francis I really like the American Album and will be ordering a block or two, but something tells me it is way more advanced than my ability! LOL I have only done a heart! I'd be willing to try but want to see the instructions and patterns before I commit.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Hey Star,

Are you interested in one of these quilts?  You know you won't be casted forever. Are those fingers working yet?  ;-)

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Gino, it looks like we have a volunteer and lots of suggestions for stepping up the more experienced quilters. Hoo yah!

And, you gals are real chatty on here. LOL  NOT. You must be too busy sewing and just lurking in the background, watching what is going on. ;-) Any other opinions on patterns for next go round?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Dang that auto correct. Gini it keeps wanting you to be Gino. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 29 of 85 (1268 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use