This post has 1,267 Replies | 47 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:49 PM

Lillie:

Susie:

It's on fatcatpatterns.com and it's called Fiesta.  It's worked on black and looks like it's along the lines of a Baltimore album.  I think it's beautiful.  It's 14.95 for the pattern, but since it's a past BOM, we could get the entire pattern all at once instead of one per month.

Can you post the url for this pattern? I looked at the web site, but they don't have a search box and there are too many categories to look through.

Thanks

Sorry gang, I didn't think about that.  It doesn't come up on its own page, but here is the general link to the page:  http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/BoMs.html

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Susie, that quilt is beautiful. I like the colors on black.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 3:54 PM

Susie:

Sorry gang, I didn't think about that.  It doesn't come up on its own page, but here is the general link to the page:  http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/BoMs.html

Susie,

What a great pattern. I think I might buy it and see if it can be done in flannel. Don't know if any of the pieces would be too small to work with using needle turn. Thanks for sharing. Stunning bright colors on a black background.

northern colorado

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:17 PM

Susie:

If a pattern hasn't been decided on for 2013, I found one that I'm thinking I want to try.  It's on fatcatpatterns.com and it's called Fiesta. 

Hi Susie, I went to website and like the patterns. Have to say I am liking the "Funky Chickens" not so much as a group project but for me as a beginner I think these would be fun to do.

from TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:53 PM

I agree, Bev.  Funky Chicken is really cute!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:10 PM

Erin Russek will be starting a new, free, BOM in January. She usually designs a medallion centre (not free) to go with her BOMs.

I have the Fat Cat pattern. So many projects. I'll need to clone myself to get them done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:37 PM

thanks for posting erin rusek's pattern, kris.   i think i will order it.   i love pomegranates and haven't made a quilt with this pattern yet.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:11 AM

I think this is the first centre of hers that I will be ordering Gini. I really like it but probably won't use the same colours.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 6:51 PM

Jacy:

I did a wool applique block. It was pretty quick to make. I'm wondering, will this quilt be washable? or should I only make it wall hanging size?

hi Jacy, I'm actually doing a quilt with wool appliqué flowers. I believe it can be washed with mild detergent, cold water, on gentle cycle. I I tend to lay it flat. I will take a picture of all blocks when I'm done. Only two left.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:05 PM

Thanks everyone for all the nice pattern ideas.  I've bookmarked them all. I hope I'll be able to get to make this BOM.  I learn so much from all of you.

in the meantime, Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and may 2013 bring you all the best you dream of.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:34 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have not posted since I started, but I was going through my UFO's and found these applique blocks. They are from the Gabrielle Swain book, Applique in Bloom. My copy is from 1994. There are 12 blocks total and lots of border applique. I started this in 1995 or 1996 as a class at a quilt shop, we were scheduled to do one block a month and it was a year long class. It was more of a meet once a month with questions and updates. The quilt shop went out of business after two months. I lost my motivation. I finished two blocks and started the third before the project was shelved. I had already decided to just make a 3 block wall hanging. I decided to get it out again, I always like to have some handwork to do, usually it is crosstitch. I just finished my last crosstitch project and decided it was a good time to finish at least this block and see where I go from there.

I'm hoping for motivation from this group. So much lovely applique here.

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:12 AM

Star,

Those are lovely. I love how everything is layered. Did you use fusible web on it, or is all of it done with needle turn? I can't wait to see the rest of them. Too bad about your LQS going out of business. I hope you received all of the patterns ahead of time.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:27 AM

star, these are very nice.   i think i have that book, i'll have to dig it out

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:11 PM

Lillie, thank you. It is all needle turn. I used freezer paper for the patterns. All the patterns are in the Applique in Bloom book. Actually this LQS was one of many when I lived in Minneapolis. It just happened to be the closest to my house in Burnsville. I do miss all the quilt shops I had access to while living in the Minneapolis area, and the very active quilting community.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:47 PM

Star:
I have not posted since I started, but I was going through my UFO's and found these applique blocks. They are from the Gabrielle Swain book, Applique in Bloom.

Pretty blocks star. You've come to the right place for cheerleaders.

Page 22 of 85 (1268 items) «Prev2021222324Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use