This post has 1,307 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:30 AM

Kelli:

gini:

i can walk sara through it.  it took three different helpers at the apple store before they got their heads together and figured it our for me.

I would love to know too. I tried the other day and all I got was frustration lol

Me too, I have never heard of photo bucket..

from TN

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:08 PM

You guys are great. I will look up Photo Bucket and see if I can figure it out. Next time I'm in Nashville where I bought my iPad, I'll go to the store and see if they can help me. I thought it was because of the Flash Player issue, but sounds like there's a way around that. Thanks!!

You guys are great. I will look up Photo Bucket and see if I can figure it out. Next time I'm in Nashville where I bought my iPad, I will go to the store and see if they can help me. I always thought it was a Flash Player issue, but sounds like there's a way around that. Thanks!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:30 PM

Kelli, you need to get the photo bucket app. First

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:08 PM

photo bucket was a free app you could  download.  i load my pictures on the photobucket. it sends them to the cloud to store them.   i open photobucket and send them to QCA.  there are a few steps that aren't intuitive to me,  but when i was doing it often, i could get them on here fairly quickly.   If i get time tonight i'll write the steps

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:10 PM

if you have been keeping up on the blocks,  we are now at the halfway point.  it's all down hill from here, right?   i stopped at a quilt shop tp browse and found the perfect sashings for the quilt.  i think i will start adding sashes to two sides of my blocks.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:14 PM

I am working on my Smoky Mountain Flower applique blocks and am making daffodils. I haven't had time to applique since our June retreat and it's great to be doing handwork again. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:40 PM

so it sounds like you've been busy with your lodge.   i hope you've had a good year so far.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:36 AM

I have finally gotten back to my wildflowers.  I probably have completed half of them but I haven't necessarily done them in the order assigned.  I am hopeless at following instructions...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:48 PM

I have very diligently, though occasionally late, done the blocks in the random order I arbitrarily selected.  I got mt pansies done on the plane, except I forgot their little centers.  I had my red thread in the wrong bag so I couldn't do the next block.    I started a December block,instead, and who's name escapes me at th moment.  I cut out and brought 6 flowers for th plane rides.  If I hadn't s lept through half of this flight, I would have gotten two done.   One you get these little guys cut ou they don't take much time to sew.   The iPad leaves a bit to be desired when I'm typing, sorry for the typos.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:50 PM

So, this makes 15 done now a bit past halfway.  Only ten to go and half of those are cut out.   I've saved the hard ones for last.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:39 PM

I am finishing up the sunflower block.   That will be block 14 for me   I need to get some more cut out.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:52 AM

Good Morning Gini and all of you

I was just wandering if the group has decided on your next project. I would like to join in when you start a new one. Do you post project prior to getting started on it?

I love seeing everyones Wildflowers and still may buy the pattern.

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:35 PM

good morning bev.   we'll start a discussion right now on what our next project will be.   what are you interested in?

several of us have gotten a pattern from the buggy barn that we discussed using before

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Shopper_id=180010151324561800&Store_id=425&page_id=23&Item_ID=3692

here is the book, it is $28.    we have talked about doing a wool quilt, and there was some interest.

we need to use a pattern that is readily available, and will be for a year or more if some folks want to join in late.

wildflowers is our second project together, it won't be winding up until april or may.   if there is enough interest in starting another applique project sooner,  i have no problem with that.   i am not interested in doing small applique projects.   if someone would like to lead a  smaller project, that would be great. 

what's everyone thinking they might like to see here? 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:50 PM

Gini, I went to the link you gave and it states that the book and pattern are not included. I'm confused, what is the $28 dollars for?

Size; 84" x 91"
From the book: Crazy for Applique
Includes all the fabrics needed to complete the top. Book and pattern not included.
A Buggy Barn Original Design! We are offering this as a complete quilt kit or you can hop over to the Block of the Month Section and puchase it on a monthly basis. Enjoy!

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:57 PM

Gini is this the link for the wildflower pattern you all are using? And did you just buy the pattern?

http://www.amidonquiltworks.com/kitWildFlower.php

Since you said it will be going on until around April of next year I may start with this one anyway. I think I saw a post that mentioned some cottages. Have you all completed those?

from TN

Page 11 of 88 (1308 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use