GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,368 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:14 AM

gini:

Is anyone interested in making a wool applique quilt?

ooh...ahh..that sounds like fun. I would be interested.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:18 AM

gini:

We have gotten a lot of new members here in the last week.

Are there any projects that anyone would like to see?

If anyone would like to start a group project, please say so. We can have more than one project going at a time.

Would anyone like to lead a machine applique project?

Is anyone interested in an applique round robin or row quilt?

What's everyone thinking?   (this could make for interesting conversation)

I'm mid-way through one RR, and have just started a CQ RR. But I would certainly be up for another RR. An applique RR or row applique would be tons of fun. 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:37 AM

Carol W:

I would like to see if there is any interest in doing a applique block swap.  I posted this in the Fabric Swaps group and have had a couple expressing interest.  I was thinking we could do this in the spring.  Let me know if you are interested.  Thanks!

I'm interested.

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:12 AM

gini:

I would be

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 65
Nancy replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:26 AM

I'm new to on line groups...but not to quilting.  I'd love to do a wool appliqué.  Pease let me know if you get my message. Thanks. Nancy. 

Nancy Brandt 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:13 AM

hi nancy, your message came through just fine.

i don't have time to start anything until the new year, but you should all put your thinking caps on and look through some patterns and see if you can find wool applique patterns you would like to  do as a group.  kim diehl has some patterns,  she mixes cotton and wool.   maggie bonanomi works with wool.   are you interested in  primative  work, pillow top, whole quilt,  table topper?

and if someone else would like to lead a wool group go right ahead.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:14 AM

if carol can get enough interest, she may be leading an applique exchange in the swap group, so keep your eyes out there.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:18 AM

if we get enough interest for a wool quilt.  you all need to haunt the thrift stores for cheap 100% wool clothes, skirts, pant, suits, coats, sweaters , bathrobes.  and by cheap i mean the $2-$4  range.  i deconstruct the clothes, wash and dry the wool in hot water and over dry in hot dryer.  some parts of the clothes willl have a rubberish backing that won't come off, i figure it has more stability and use it too.  if it is too stiff with a backing it won't work, but some of the stabilizers are pretty flexible.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:30 AM

I have to be honest with you, I have no desire to work with wool whatsoever.  Does this mean I will be on my own in January?

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 12:01 PM

emily, oh goodness, no.  we will be working on wildflowers until april and the stragglers beyond that.  i just like to plan ahead and be thinking ahead.  that keeps me in a little bit of  trouble, so i can stay out of BIG trouble.

so o o , emily, ( this is sly gini talking)  why are you not interested in wool qulits?  hmmm?   have you ever tried it?  it can be addictive so rewarding,  you know.   it is way easier to work with than cotton.  the colors are scrump-dilly-icious.   :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 12:12 PM

Emily:

I have to be honest with you, I have no desire to work with wool whatsoever.  Does this mean I will be on my own in January?

Emily,

Dont you worry, im the straggler that Gini was on about so you definately wont be on your own in January, (wool doesnt do it for me either).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 416
Points 7,690
Emily replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 4:25 PM

Now you sound like my husband, Gini.  He says that I never want to try anything new.  OK, maybe I will prove him wrong and give it a whirl.  I have never worked with wool and I guess it is never too late to try.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:33 PM

gini:

Yes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:46 PM

Gini

I think it would be fun to work with wool.  I haven't really done much with wool and would like to get better at it.   Whom.maybe I should ask santa to go to goodwill and buy up all the 100% wool pieces.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 943
Points 17,505

Gini, I think I might like to try.   I live in South Central Texas & we don't see wool clothing too often.  I'll check at our local Goodwill next time I go into town to see if they have any wool clothes.

Page 8 of 92 (1369 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use