GENERAL DISCUSSION

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,309 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:21 PM

Thanks for sharing the BOM info Kris. It looks like it's going to be a good one.

I wonder if all the blocks will be a winter theme or if each block will go with a month of the year. Guess we'll find out next month.

BTW I'm NOT starting another project till I finish a bunch I'm already working on, NOT, NOT, not, not, maybe not, maybe............

Goodness I have such little willpower!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 4:43 PM

i've been wanting to make a cottage quilt,   i've been saving up pictures of funky little houses.   i think i will pick and choose shich ones i want to do and maybe not do the entire quilt.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Jan 7 2012 4:46 PM

will power? what's that?   isn't it just a phrase like, "i will power up my computer now.", or "there will be power hooked up later today.  " ?  maybe it was a guy i knew in grade school, Will Power.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 1:29 AM

i finished block 16, some how i got out of sequence and still have 15  to do.  still, i only have one block left, i'll start prepping it tomorrow.   i'll try to remeber a photo tomorrow.   i have a date with my buddy, calvin, tomorrow. i suspect i will be flying lego contraptions tomorrow.   i'm picking him up early  to go to princess's school.  they are finihsing a section on quilting and her teacher asked all the kids to bring a quilt in if they have one.  she asked if i would mind bringing  a couple of quilts in  as well.   so i've rounded up some quilts that might appeal to kids, a quilt that is only basted and some batt scraps to show the kids.  we'll have a splendid  time visiting second grade.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 11,360

Started working on block 16 yesterday. My last one. Then on to the borders. Not going to applique the borders on this quilt. Since this is my first attempt at needle turn thought that doing the borders would just be to much. Plan on appliqueing the border on the groups next project. Can't wait to see you finished quilt Gini. Have fun at school.

Kathie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 11:32 AM

Now this sounds like a splendid time, Gini!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 4:03 PM

it was a splendid time.   one of anna's classmates asked who calvin was, and i said he was my date.  very harshly the boy asked, " you're on a date?".   me, "yes, we're having a play date."  that little guy was not too sure about my having a date with a kid.   but calvin and i had a great date.  he got to sit with anna at the desk and color with the other kids and help holding up quilts .    then we came home a played lego spaceships, it seems like for hours.   i get down on the floor with him and he gets a little irritated when i doze off during the battles.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 4:04 PM

i got all the stems on last night for block 15, which is my last block, and i think i may do some applique in the border. we'll see.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 2:24 AM

Gini,

you're the best.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:13 AM

gini:
i get down on the floor with him and he gets a little irritated when i doze off during the battles.

LOL!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 12:47 AM

and now i have misplaced said block.  someday, somewhere, sometime, somehow,  i will have a moment of non-air-headedness.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 8:37 PM

Gini I think I caught the air-headedness virus.  I am actually doing a wool applique BOM of flowers.  I think I will do one in fabrics to practice my needle turn appliqué for the spring appliqué quilt beginning in the spring.

I think I need to take some time at home to finish some UFOs before I can truly begin on this big quilt adventure.

You make me feel very welcome in this appliqué group.

Thanks again.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 12:46 PM

We have gotten a lot of new members here in the last week.

Are there any projects that anyone would like to see?

If anyone would like to start a group project, please say so. We can have more than one project going at a time.

Would anyone like to lead a machine applique project?

Is anyone interested in an applique round robin or row quilt?

What's everyone thinking?   (this could make for interesting conversation)

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 12:49 PM

Is anyone interested in making a wool applique quilt?

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 8:51 PM

I would like to see if there is any interest in doing a applique block swap.  I posted this in the Fabric Swaps group and have had a couple expressing interest.  I was thinking we could do this in the spring.  Let me know if you are interested.  Thanks!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Page 7 of 88 (1310 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use