Baltimore's Country Cousin vs Wm Morris miniature sampler

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 1,155
Mollymo Posted: Wed, May 25 2011 12:36 AM

Since I don't have the BC Cousin book and do have the Wm Morris in Applique book I thought I would TRY the miniature sampler on pg 68.  Looks like a worthwhile project, but as a novice I wonder if I can do it justice.  I'm going for it even if it comes out wonky...I'll post some progress when I progress.  Still working on circles, but getting there....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Wed, May 25 2011 12:46 AM

WTG Mollymo. Go for it. We'll love to see progress pics. Our resident appliqué queen Gini will surely have tips for you along the way.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 1,155
Mollymo replied on Wed, May 25 2011 12:58 AM

Thanks, Kris.  I was thinking...isn't there anything  I could post to the media files, but  there is nothing I've done that is hand stitched applique.  All is the easy fuse and machine blanket stitch so I'm excited to try my hand.   The blocks posted  in the media section I looked at are just so great.  I'm glad I joined the applique group and it looks like I'm in the right place for the tips I'll need. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,172
Points 111,325
Linny t replied on Wed, May 25 2011 7:55 AM

Molllymo, I have that book and want to work on that, too.  I can't join you right now, but I'll be watching your progress. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,644
gini replied on Wed, May 25 2011 8:56 AM

molly, go ahead and post your fused applique blocks, i would love to see them and i'm sure everyone else would too.   i haven't seen the willliam morris book, but if you have a question, i will try to answer it for you.    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use