COUNTRY COUSINS - BLOCK 1 - CROSSED HEARTS

rated by 0 users
This post has 147 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:29 PM

how many of you are planning on making all the blocks?   one or four blocks would make a nice centerpiece to a pieced quilt.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

gini:

Beatuiful quilt MMM

Thank you... I realized after I posted the pic here that perhaps it was the proper place, but I get so excited about applique' that I just start blabbling. I'd like to see the Country Cousin blocks so I've been searching through the threads, and would like to know where it begins.  I mean where can I find the pattern?

tia

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,672
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:44 PM

gini:
how fast would you all like this to progress?

Gini,

I like one a month, but will go along with whatever you decide as I never seem to stay on track with these things.

My goal is to make all the blocks. We'll see.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,672
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:47 PM

Ms MoomMist:
I mean where can I find the pattern?

MoomMist,

you will need to purchase the book. You could shop around for a cheaper price. I got it from AQS for under $5 but they are now sold out and no longer available from them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 6:02 PM

One a month is all I can handle, Gini.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,065
Points 21,370
Carol W replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 8:47 PM

One a month sounds doable for me with all my other projects.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Kris:

Ms MoomMist:
I mean where can I find the pattern?

MoomMist,

you will need to purchase the book. You could shop around for a cheaper price. I got it from AQS for under $5 but they are now sold out and no longer available from them.

Thank you. I found it on Amazon, but the new was less than the used. So I look else where and got it for 11.00+ at Quilt Books. I should have it by the end of the week. One can never have too many quilting books you know.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 11:41 AM

I want to make all of the blocks, including the extras.  I have everything ready to start but realized I need thread.  I ordered a YLI set from Rose Rushbrooke yesterday.  Knowing her, I'll have it by tomorrow.  She's out of Tampa and her prices are comparable to other YLI sellers, but she ships fast and since she's close to me I get it faster without paying extra shipping.  Only thing is I have to pay tax, but it's still cheaper for me.  Anyway, I'm all set to go....except I haven't made my stem material yet, but that goes fast with the bias tape maker.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 88
Points 1,745
Martha replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 11:45 AM

One a month is good for me with other projects going as well. I would like to make all the blocks eventually.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 11,295

Finished Block 1 - Crossed Hearts. It is needle turned and I put a smaller heart on each of the larger ones.

Kathie

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

kathie@kallingkline.com:

Finished Block 1 - Crossed Hearts. It is needle turned and I put a smaller heart on each of the larger ones.

Very pretty, good job! Love your colors!

I got an email from Quilt Books USA saying that the book is no longer available, so I had to go back to Amazon and get it there. I didn't buy the most expensive one priced at a mere : $999.99 wonder what that is all about. Then, of course, I got side tracked a pick up a few more like another Seminole Patchwork book and some fancy flowers applique' I need a nanny to keep me out of book stores lol!

xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170

Linny t:

I want to make all of the blocks, including the extras.  I have everything ready to start but realized I need thread.  I ordered a YLI set from Rose Rushbrooke yesterday.  Knowing her, I'll have it by tomorrow.  She's out of Tampa and her prices are comparable to other YLI sellers, but she ships fast and since she's close to me I get it faster without paying extra shipping.  Only thing is I have to pay tax, but it's still cheaper for me.  Anyway, I'm all set to go....except I haven't made my stem material yet, but that goes fast with the bias tape maker.

Coats & Clark has a coupon on the Sponsor's page for 50 spools set of thread. I like their thread because it doesn't fuzz like some others. With 50 spools I have enough colors for most any fabric I choose. I got that back last fall, so don't know if it is still there.

"30% OFF a 50 spool collection of Dual Duty XP General Purpose Sewing Thread.

Visit them online at: www.CoatsAndClark.com"

• Filed under: |
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 5:41 PM

kathie, your block is beautiful   nice job.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 5:42 PM

and, it looks like most everyone is leaning towards a block a month, so that is what we will do.    happy quilting everyone     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,672
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 6:57 PM

Beautiful block Kathie. Your points are so pointy. WTG.

Page 2 of 10 (148 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.