Posts 2
Points 40
Lee Sedam Posted: Sun, Aug 2 2009 11:11 AM

Hi:  Hi:

I am new to the group, so will introduce myself.  I live in Walla

Walla, Wa and have been quilting for many years.  I love

needle turn applique as something I can do while camping or

traveling but also do fusible and interfacing applique with \

machine blanket stitch for items that need to be washed a lot.

I am currently doing a Dresden Plate Sunflower quilt from

Elenor Burns Egg Money Quilts book and Marti Michel's

Dresden Plate templates.  It is going fast and turning out cute.

Applique seems to be something people either love or hate!

Lee Sedam

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

Hi Lee,

My name is Betty.  I live in Bristol, Ct.  I would like to know if the Marti Michel templates corresponds to the sizes in Egg Money directions?  I love both Marti and Eleanor's books, quilting techniques etc.  How did you come up with the idea to use one with the other? 

Thank you for this great idea!!

Betty

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

Hi Betty:

I quilt several times a week with two other ladies.  We saw the Dresden Plate quilt in Eleanor Burns book Egg Money Quilts that looked like sunflowers.  We liked it immediately and within 30 minutes had our fabrics lined up ready to go.  It just happened that we all had Marti Michel Dresden Plate templates and love using them.  We did adjust to cutting our background blocks to 16" and squarting them up to 15" after the Dresden Plate is appliqued on.  Our sunflowers measure 12" so we needed a larger block.  Then it is just a matter of adjusting the length of the sashing strips and borders.  We are having a lot of fun with this one.

Lee

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:53 PM

Hi Lee, I am also new to this group looking forward to getting to know all of you.  I live in Missiouri, and I belong to a Quilt Group Quilting timers, it is a wonderful group of ladies and two men.  Look forward to talking to you.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Hello Lynn, I too live in Mizzo.

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 9:03 AM

Hi Melody,  I live outside of Mansfield, MO. about 45miles east of Springfield off of HWY 60.  I just downloaded the Country Cottages patterns, they are really cute I like the idea of being able to emblish these cute blocks. I am working on two applique quilts now, so I guess I will be busy.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use