Excited!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 35
Patty Lenon Posted: Tue, Jan 17 2012 12:03 PM

This is my first mystery quilt.  I'm so excited.  I posted on my FB Quilt Group about it and 38 gals said that they'd do it too.  One as far away as Denmark!!  She couldn't find the magazine so I sent her the URL for the on line store.  Anyway, I chose my fabric and have made the units for the first part Jan/Feb.   Now I can't wait for the next magazine.   How are ya'll doin'?

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 105

I am excited too Patty. I have one girlfriend who is doing this with me. I wanted to know though, do you know what is the measurement to make our blocks square? Hmmm,  that is an awkward sentence, I hope you know what I mean.  Take care

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 35

I know that it isn't listed in the instructions.  But, I believe that I read somewhere it is 6".  That's what I squared mine up to.

I can't wait to see your photos!!  I posted some on here, but now I don't see them????  I'm also new to this group and site.

Take Care!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 44
Points 450

Hi rrdino2003,

At the end of Part 1, your UNFINISHED (raw edge) blocks should now measure 6 INCHES SQUARE. (Do NOT trim your Part 1 unfinished blocks smaller than 6 inches square!)

Thanks for posting your question!

Valerie

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 170
Pat replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 11:03 AM

I am so happy to see this discussion group.  I have a friend who had never done a mystery, and who had it on her QBL (Quilting Bucket List); we are doing it together.  It's also nice to be able to do it with a bunch of on-line mystery buddies! 

Not all Mystery Quilts ae created equal, so I'm glad you newbies chose this mystery as your first because it is really well done -- great examples, great instructions, and the availablity of this on-line forum. 

When will the 2nd installment be out?  Not that I am anxious or anything (grin)!

Happy quilting!

Pat

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 35

Good question!   Since it is March/April edition, I'm guessing very late Feb. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

I'm glad to see the finished size listed here...wish it had of been printed in the instructions though.

Got the "20" finished and need to do the others now.

Not Ranked
Posts 44
Points 450
MQ Valerie replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 11:05 AM

Hi Pat,

Part 2 of A Mystery in Three Parts is out now. Newsstand and subscription copies are in the mail, so you should be seeing it soon. Thanks for asking - I'm glad you're anxious!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
jalederl replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 12:40 PM

There are 3 of us and possibly a fourth who are doing the mystery quilt.  I'm currently not a subscriber and I keep running to various stores trying to find the next issue because a friend received hers two weeks ago.  But, I'll be patient.  I'm a newbie to quilting and just getting used to a new machine - having a bit of trouble with my 1/4" foot - so my blocks are slightly smaller than 6".  I'll just have to be careful how I put this together. I'm hoping if I'm consistent, it will all work out.  We'll see.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use