Top 10 Posters

This is why I can't get my quilting done!

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. Posted: Sun, Jun 21 2009 6:19 PM

This is Callie.  She is one of four reasons I can't get much done. 

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 185
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sun, Jun 21 2009 6:41 PM

Sandy-- Callie is soooooo cute!! I unfortunately do not have any cats here on our farm. I know thats odd but we have a lot of owls and other critters that keep them away.  I bet she's fun though!!  Wish that was the problem for not getting my quilting done.  For some reason I always have a honey dew list--isn't that supposed to work the other way around? I quess it is summer and on the farm my down time is after harvest.  I told him I'd help him till I'm 55 or my body gives out, then I'm done.  Our youngest son will be out of school (Tech) and home to help his dad by then I hope.

Tammy--NE.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Sandy,

Callie is so precious.  I have Maggie who is about 18 years old and it shows.  She does nothing but stay out of the way of my two Airedales, Ruby Darlin' and Sam. 

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 934
Tawnya replied on Mon, Jun 22 2009 3:20 PM

What a wondrful reason not to quilt!!!  She's so sweet and happy looking.  How could you even think of moving her.

Tawnya in Canton, Ohio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:13 PM

I can't bear to move her and that's why I can't get any quilting done.  She also loves to lay in my lap and will come up to me when I'm sewing and put her front paws in my lap.  Of course, I have to move the chair back to make room for her and pet and talk to her until she's ready to move on to something else.  I don't really mind though ... she's my baby.

Southwest Florida

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:14 AM

We have a cat she will come in would I work and will lay around but will move I can't get things done right now because I am working alot the manager I have is leaveing in Sept. can she is for ever finding reason not to come in to work so I am the one to get called in the money is good but then when I get home I an tryed can just what to veg out Happy

Happy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 398

Sandy, Callie is positively adorable.  I have a male cat named billie and he'll come down to my sewing room, but he likes curling up on my cutting table. I have to leave something soft for him to lay on though.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864

Too Cute!  I wish I wasn't so allergic to cats...we do have a great big lab we call Lilly pup...she's 3 now, so not really a pup...but she sure acts like one!  Such stress relievers, our critters are.

Marge

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,097
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 24 2009 4:55 PM

Sandy,

Callie is beautiful. I would welcome this distraction any day.

Kris

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Thu, Jun 25 2009 11:54 PM

Hi Sandy,

thanks for sharing your photos. Your Callie is precious.

I have five cats of my own and they all like to play with the thread spools, watching the sewing machine needle go up and down and it is hard getting the sewing done. It's like watching little kids.

Right now, one of my kitties is sitting on top of my printer right next to me. She is always around me.

Love it!

Jutta, CA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Jun 26 2009 8:37 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments about my Callie Cat.  We have a special bond and I don't ever mind when she interrupts me  --  no matter what I'm doing.  Jutta, you are correct, they are like kids.  I have four and when they are all sleeping is about the only time I can get anything done.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Sandy--

Callie is sooo cute.  We have 2 cats, Renegade and Nagase (my grandson named them)  Nagase seems to have decided to adopt me, much to my pleasure.  She sleeps in my project basket, on my chair, on any quilt I'm working on and sometimes even in her own bed in the studio.  Renegade is older and spends most of her time with Kelson, my grandson, but will sometimes come and sit on my lap.  As a child, I never had pets because my mom wasn't an animal lover, but now I just can't imagine our family without them.  They are indeed the best stress reducers in the world.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:55 PM

Jutta, CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:56 PM

Jutta, CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:57 PM

Jutta, CA

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use