Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,370
Nanageek Posted: Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:18 PM

I'm trying to find my way around the forum sites.   All the quilts I've seen are beautiful.  Hopefully in the next few days I'll know what I'm doing and fit in.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:29 PM

Nanageek,

Please don't feel alone, I am a newbie, and I sometimes let me rephrase that---to most of the time I feel like I am walking in the dark here.  And when I figure something out it's like a miracle.  LMK if I can help you.  I will friend you. :)  I figured out you have to subscribe to a forum in order to reply to it or become a member.  Duh I said to myself, after trying to become part of a swap after so many tries! But truly this board is so much fun and everyone is so nice its worth walking around in the dark and hitting a few walls to learn everything. Its not like they are going to chop us up with their rotary cutters for messing up a couple of times! :)  So let's hang in there.  We can do this!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 385

I know how you feel, hon but these gals are all real nice. You'll feel at home in no time. 

Dani

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:15 PM

mars92:
I figured out you have to subscribe to a forum in order to reply to it or become a member.  Duh I said to myself, after trying to become part of a swap after so many tries!

If you "subscribe" to a forum you will get all the new posts and replies in email. If you want to be able to participate in group projects and discussions you need to "join" the group.

The general message boards are open to everyone. Groups are targeted to more specific topics. I hope that explanation is clear.

When you get lost simply click on your name at the top right to go back to your "home page" there are many links there that are not on other pages. You should be able to better navigate from there.

When all else fails, ask questions and voice your frustrations. Someone will come to your rescue. Continue to have fun ladies.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 10:34 PM

I see another change since yesterday - the "my profile" has changed to "home" - trying to get me lost, too, but I figured it out quickly when I couldn't see my profile!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,715

mars92:

Its not like they are going to chop us up with their rotary cutters for messing up a couple of times! :)

But watch out if you mess up three times!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,370
Nanageek replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 11:17 PM

LOL!!  Thank you Cheryl.  I feel better now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Cheryl Allison:

mars92:

Its not like they are going to chop us up with their rotary cutters for messing up a couple of times! :)

There are some wild and crazy quilters out there who have blazing rotary cutters. You have to watch out for them. Leslie comes to mind and how she beheaded all of her snowmen...her quilt was filled with body parts.

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,715

Poor snowman. At least it was quick and painless.

I'm chopping up little princesses this week.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,370

Diane Morgan:

Cheryl Allison:

mars92:

LOL!! I'm orginally from Brooklyn, NY heh heh

There are some wild and crazy quilters out there who have blazing rotary cutters. You have to watch out for them. Leslie comes to mind and how she beheaded all of her snowmen...her quilt was filled with body parts.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Nanageek:
I'm trying to find my way around the forum sites

Nanageek, don't feel bad. I have been around for over a year and I have been lost with the recent changes. Obviously someone doesn't know us old codgers don't like change. ROFLOL!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Diane Morgan:

Cheryl Allison:

mars92:

Geez,My poor little snowmen, They are never gonna forgive me.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 2 2010 7:12 PM

Leslie

Isn't it strange how we never forget somethings but can't find the scissors that we just laid down....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

ROFLOL, yes it is Nana.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,160

Don't feel alone, I am still trying to find my way around. I had just joined the end of September when everything changed.  So probably there are several of us lost out there    Granny M

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use