Top 10 Posters

Farm Animals and such

Page 167 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, May 24 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

I still love car rides, maybe cuz' I don't like being left home alone.  I'm very attached to my folks and am only happy when both of them are here with me.  I sneak up on their bed at night, even though my bed is right beside theirs.  I guess I really don't sneak, at 70 lbs. I think they really notice me there.  In the evenings if Mom leaves her computer or sewing machine and sits down in the recliner to watch some television, I climb right up on her lap.  Sometimes she lets me lay there for a little while, but most of the time after about 15 minutes she complains that I make her legs hurt.

Kaci

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, May 25 2013 12:23 AM | Locked

Had some visitors today.  Wonder if they know something I don't.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,451
Points 116,440
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, May 25 2013 1:01 AM | Locked

Patti:

Had some visitors today.  Wonder if they know something I don't.

Awe, the sweet things are just taking a break from their next lunch.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655
Bobbie Joe Klebe replied on Sat, May 25 2013 7:00 AM | Locked

I have been keeping goats for a few years now. I am just going with the milk goats. I still have a few of the my other goats. 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 3,655
Bobbie Joe Klebe replied on Sat, May 25 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

Judy, I went to the web site and it looks great! I just love Kevin! He is great. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 25 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Just had to share these pictures of my gorgeous 18 year old Paso Fino, Trovellino, as a three year old he was the 3 yr old Nation Champion Performance Colt.  He gait has become even stronger and smoother with age.  My friend Sandra is the rider, I'm so ready to ride...patience Joni!  I spent a couple of late afternoons grooming my 3 girls, getting rid of their dreadlocks and such.  Now their manes and tails are long and lovely and tangle free.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

Beautiful horses.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 25 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

Thanks Linda.

The Paso Fino are descendents of the horses brought to the Americas by Christopher Columbus.  These were the mounts of the Conquistadors, and ancestors of our American mustangs, many of whom are nicely gaited and smooth rides.

Trovellino always carries himself as if he were in a parade, yet is so gentle and eager to please.  When I got him he had not been ridden in 7 years, we immediately went on a 3 hour trail ride, he never quits and never forgets that he carries precious cargo.  He looks huge in the picture yet stand 14.3 hands at the shoulder, considered small or a pony by other breeds.  HA, so little do they know!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Fri, May 31 2013 1:29 AM | Locked

tnmtgrl:
Couldn't pass this picture up...my two baby girls sleeping under my quilt frame while I was quilting.........

Too cute.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Fri, May 31 2013 1:30 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I am now.  Just like I used to love to ride in the car with my dad, but now I don't.

I used to like car rides too but not anymore. Oco always got sick in the car. 

Orca.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Fri, May 31 2013 1:33 AM | Locked

I love the horse photos Joni.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 31 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Kris:

I used to like car rides too but not anymore. Oco always got sick in the car. 

Orca.

Orca, I'll always remember that cool picture of you looking out the front window of the car.  I thought you were so brave.  I've never liked car rides!

~Pickles

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, May 31 2013 6:17 PM | Locked

Joni:

Thanks Linda.

The Paso Fino are descendents of the horses brought to the Americas by Christopher Columbus.  These were the mounts of the Conquistadors, and ancestors of our American mustangs, many of whom are nicely gaited and smooth rides.

Trovellino always carries himself as if he were in a parade, yet is so gentle and eager to please.  When I got him he had not been ridden in 7 years, we immediately went on a 3 hour trail ride, he never quits and never forgets that he carries precious cargo.  He looks huge in the picture yet stand 14.3 hands at the shoulder, considered small or a pony by other breeds.  HA, so little do they know!

an Egyptian Arabian stands about the same, but are very muscular and feisty. But I had one eating out of my hand in less than 5 minutes. I love horses. I seem to have a way with them. When I did Civil War re-enacting, there were a couple that just wouldn't cooperate if they knew I was in camp. One time my friend Jan and I got there early so we were having a picnic and I didn't see  Mark & Barb pull in. They were unloading the horses first and I still hadn't seen them. I stood up to brush the crumbs off me and Penny came up and shoved her mussle in the small of my back and I was back down on the ground. She gave me a little nussle just to let me know she was there and just wanted a hello. She also expected a carrot later. Adama just would stomp until I came over and soothed her with sweet talk.  Once down in southern Ohio a guy was riding his Tennessee Walker (had to be 17+ hands) around the camps. Gorgeous horse and I told him so. Later that evening the guy came to me and said what did you do to my horse? I asked why. And he said he looks for you and won't do as he's told until he sees you and comes over to you. I answered " I just sweet talked to him."  I have many more stories like this. Same with dogs. They are marvelous creatures.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, May 31 2013 6:18 PM | Locked

Joni:

Thanks Linda.

an Egyptian Arabian stands about the same, but are very muscular and feisty. But I had one eating out of my hand in less than 5 minutes. I love horses. I seem to have a way with them. When I did Civil War re-enacting, there were a couple that just wouldn't cooperate if they knew I was in camp. One time my friend Jan and I got there early so we were having a picnic and I didn't see  Mark & Barb pull in. They were unloading the horses first and I still hadn't seen them. I stood up to brush the crumbs off me and Penny came up and shoved her mussle in the small of my back and I was back down on the ground. She gave me a little nussle just to let me know she was there and just wanted a hello. She also expected a carrot later. Adama just would stomp until I came over and soothed her with sweet talk.  Once down in southern Ohio a guy was riding his Tennessee Walker (had to be 17+ hands) around the camps. Gorgeous horse and I told him so. Later that evening the guy came to me and said what did you do to my horse? I asked why. And he said he looks for you and won't do as he's told until he sees you and comes over to you. I answered " I just sweet talked to him."  I have many more stories like this. Same with dogs. They are marvelous creatures.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Do you see what I see?  Itty bitty baby.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Page 167 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use