Bargello Flag Quilt Pattern

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 13 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
hensley.jimhelen@gmail.com Posted: Sat, Jun 6 2009 12:47 PM

I tried to purchase this pattern on line and then they ran out and the owner e-mailed all of her customers and asked if anybody had it and gave them my e-mail address to contact me if they wanted to sell it to me.

Well, low and behole I received a note from a lady quilter in Michigain.  She had the pattern and said I could have it.  At no cost to me.  We have become good friends across the mile on the internet.  I made the quilt and sent it to her for a thank you for the pattern.  I am in the process of making one for myself.  Here is a picture of it.  I guess you could use it in Sew and Tell also.

I have been quilting for about 20 years now but  just the past 4 years I have really gotten into it.  I too enjoy Quilters Club of America and am a Charter member.

Helen

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sat, Jun 6 2009 4:05 PM

can you please try to repost your picture? I am not seeing it. I love bargello quilts!

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 135

Helen what a touching story. Not just one but 3 people who care, please try to repost the quilt so we can see it. This is my first time to write on here I'm not very good at this computer but I have quilted since I was young just am not that good at meeting up up seams and such, but quilting is what makes us all who we are.

keep quilting and may God bless

Debera

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

I made these Flag wall hangings from patterns called 'Fractured Flag'.  Is this the same as bargello?

Kathy Patterson, Fort Worth, Texas

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

• | Post Points: 110
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Sun, Jun 7 2009 7:22 AM

Kathy,

Your Fractured Flags are absolutely breath taking!  Great job!  Love the quilting!  Thanks so much for sharing!

Candy

Candy in Wi

When life gives you scraps, Make quilts!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Kathy, they're gorgeous!  I haven't done anything like this, but you've inspired me to give this pattern a try.  Where can I find it?

Joyce

Kissimmee, FL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

This is the web address for the Fractured Flag pattern

http://www.trudystreasures.com/usa.html

When I first saw the wallhanging, I fell in love with it.  It looked complicated to me, but it really isn't.  I opened the pattern was sure that I couldn't do it.  Trust me, it is easier than it looks.  The instructions are very clear.

Kathy Patterson, Fort Worth, Texas

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 75

These are really great.  I so enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.  Keep up the great work.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 125
Debi replied on Sun, Jun 7 2009 9:05 PM

Kathy I have similar pattern but without the pole and background.  It is from Little Mountain Designs. I picked it up at the Quilt show at the Rosemont. how is your flag attached to the background?  It doesn't appear in the photo to be strips...

Debi

Debi

Let it Snow!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

The pattern is by Cross Mountain Stitchery in Fredericksburg, Texas.  The background and the pole are all part of the piecing.  The top and bottom parts of the background are sewed on before it is cut into strips. 

kp

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Kathy,

I love your flags they are absolutely georgeous.  Started High School in TX so have always had a soft spot for the lonestar...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat replied on Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:36 PM

Kathy,

Beautiful quilt and I too enjoy seeing all of the lovely projects that everyone makes.

Thanks for sharing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Kathy, I, too, like your flag quilts.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:19 PM

Kathy - absolutely gorgeous... it does look very hard.  I love it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Aug 14 2009 10:47 AM

Kathy, love your flags.  Look like they are waving in the breeze.  I'm currently working on a Pink Ribbon bargello.  It may turn out to be a career!  It's a twin size and has 70 rows with 41 blocks per row and uses 21 different fabrics.  The largest block is 3".  What was I thinking?!

Here's a pic of the first bargello I made at a class at my lqs and is called a twisted bargello.  It hangs in the place of honor in my sewing room.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 80
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use