Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
dimorgan Posted: Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:22 AM

Hi 

I am a new member to this forum from Australia, and I am looking for good shops where I can purcahse fabric etc.  I have been to Fons n Porter and purchased from them, but need some new shops.  While the aussie $$$ is doing so well against the greenback, its given us Aussies the perfect opportunity to purchase fabric, even if it sits in the cupboard for a few years :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance given

Di Morgan

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:28 AM

Welcome Di, what a small world, we have another Diane Morgan, on this site, she will love this. there are alot of online quilt shops, I just google and it brings up alot,or you can go to www. fabshophop.com and it has a great list, that you can order from.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
dimorgan replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:35 AM

Thank you Leslie, and I did notice another Diane Morgan had posted somewhere.

I will try your suggestion

Di

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:42 AM

Di, welcome to QCA,you are gonna love it here, I agree with Leslie that the best list of shops is the  Fabshophop. there are about 175 shops listed and you will be in fabric heaven I hope you enjoy your time with us and just jump in at any time...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,042
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 6:40 AM

Hello Di,

welcome to the group. I do a lot of shopping online. Here are a few shops you might like (each name is a link):

Hancock's of Paducah

eQuilter

Connecting Threads

Keepsake Quilting

Happiness Is...Quilting

Stitchin' Heaven

I have a few links in my blog as well. Click on my name then "view blog" the post is titled "Interesting Links" or something like that. Happy shopping.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,026
Points 169,578
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 11:01 AM

Welcome, Di Morgan!  Has our dear Di Morgan from Tewksbury, MA really cloned herself?  She's been talking about doing that for a long time.  Cloning and moving to Australia was not the idea I had for her, I wanted her here in Millbury, MA. 

What's up with that Di Morgan of Tewksbury??????

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,847
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 11:07 AM

Di Morgan, welcome to QCA - I would recomment www.quiltinaday.com.... if you want to build your stash she has awesome sales... next i would shop at www.connectingthreads.com  another good American made fabric company with good prices... I also shop at www.fabricdepot.com awesome prices and great sales each week - good one to get on the mailing list for - she has awesome online sales only that last a week.

Welcome to QCA... hope these help you in any small way!  I am a quilt enabler...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

OMG! The cloning worked but I ended up in Australia! I guess I didn't get all the kinks out of the cloning machine.

Well, hello, Di Morgan.....this is Diane Morgan. Now this is going to get real confusing. Pleased to meet you and welcome to QCA.

My favorite place to buy fabric is Connecting Threads.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 604
Points 12,670

To the Diane Morgans

It will be less confusing for all of us if one of you would type with an accent. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Di and welcome to QCA.  I'm so glad you have joined us.

I just, recently, ordered from Thousands of Bolts Only One Nut  and was very happy with their service and the quality.  I also really like Connecting Thread, I think someone already linked to them.

Again, Welcome!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Diane Morgan:

OMG! The cloning worked but I ended up in Australia! I guess I didn't get all the kinks out of the cloning machine.

Well, hello, Di Morgan.....this is Diane Morgan. Now this is going to get real confusing. Pleased to meet you and welcome to QCA.

My favorite place to buy fabric is Connecting Threads.

No, No, No not two!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,042
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:17 PM

Prairie Dog:

To the Diane Morgans

It will be less confusing for all of us if one of you would type with an accent. 

LOL.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Kris:

Prairie Dog:

To the Diane Morgans

LOL.

I really like Southern :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 7:06 PM

Welcome Di Morgan from Australia.  Hope you stop by and chat often.  I really can't add alot to the sites already listed.  I recommend checking with the FabShop Hop site for their list of shops.  My absolute favorite in Connecting Threads.  Their fabric is good quality and a very good price.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 7:09 PM

Prairie Dog:
It will be less confusing for all of us if one of you would type with an accent

ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use