Top 10 Posters

Midwestern Gals

Page 10 of 13 (189 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 188 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Vickie replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 8:38 AM

Good Morning, I was wondering where in KS you plu in your machine? I live south of Olathe  on a farm in the Wellsville area.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,809
Points 248,389
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 10:05 AM

Vickie, ,Welcome to QCA, this is a great bunch of gals ,you will love it here. I'm in Liberty Mo. So we are practicaly neighbors. LOL. .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Hi, Vicki, I am in Perry, Ks, and have a cousin in Wellsville. My goodness, we are practically neighbors. Welcome to QCA.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Vickie, post a picture of yourself as your avatar, I want to see if I know you. I went to school at Wellsville a hundred years ago.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Barbara, I hope we can avoid the 3rd weekend in September, if possible. That is our Quilt Guild quilt show, and I always like to help out with that, if I can. But if that is the week everyone can make it, I may just have to miss the quilt show. I'm looking too much forward to this trip to miss it!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 5,190
marilyn replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 8:25 PM

Is it too late to add my name to the Midwestern Gals quilting jaunt.  I just found this thread tonight. I would love to go to Winterset again.  The Fons & Porter shop is on the south side of the square.  i was there a couple of years ago.  The covered bridges are very interesting to see.

Marilyn from Iowa

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 5,190
marilyn replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 8:27 PM

I would like to add my name to the Midwestern Gals quilting jaunt.  I just found this thread tonight.

Marilyn from Iowa

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,809
Points 248,389
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:33 AM

Marylin, I have added your name to the list . I have not closed entry ,and will probably leave open till after the holidays . We will look foward to meeting you later next year. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

Welcome Vicki.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,809
Points 248,389
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:16 AM

Ladies, I thnk I found a place  that just might meet our needs ,I'ts in Des Moines  close to Winterset and its an entire house  complete with kitchen bedrooms bathrooms and lots of sewing space. If Ican figure out how to list the web site I'll put it here . Please check it out and let me know what you all think...Barbara

Walnut Place Retreat

If you type the above name into your browser ,Its the first site listed ,Check it out  It has pictures of the rooms and everyhting. I think package 1 is what we are looking for . Please get back with me and  then we canstart working on a date...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:32 PM

Barbara - This place looks perfect!  However did you find it?  I vote YES.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,809
Points 248,389
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:37 PM

Nancy,I looked  up Des Moines on Bing and then typed in  Quilting /retreats, and started hunting , Ran across this web site and said "bingo" I thing I found it , but wanted everyones vote..As soon as I get the okay I'll call them and found out more details. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Barbara:
Walnut Place Retreat

Barbara, I say YES to this one. It looks great.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Barbara, I wonder if they would let us come on Thursday so we could still do our Thursday thru Sunday retreat. Package one only allows for Fri-Sun. They might work with us.I think this place may be it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,809
Points 248,389
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 7:42 AM

HI ,MW Gals, I have been doing some checking on the Walnut Place retreat, and it just looks really great for us . If you have not checked out the web site yet ,please do so . It is close to a quaint historical area,that has shops and resturants,and a quilt shop .all very close. I think it is reasonably priced and we can sleep and sew in same place. I'd really like for all of you to look and lets work on a agreeable date to do this .. the other thing is  it looks like this place will only hold 12 of us so we will have to cut off  at 12 people . I have 12 as of this time. If anyone has changed their minds ,please let me know Barbara

1.Elaine

2 Lislie

3 CJ Hines

4 Althea

5 P.Dog

6 Susan ( P dog daughter )

7 Gini ?

8 carol ?

9 Eileen

10. Nancy

11.Marylin

12. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 10 of 13 (189 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use