Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 550
bryanne Posted: Fri, Oct 15 2010 12:25 PM

I just had an overwhelming sense of having to say how happy I am to be here. Being for the most part a home body alot due to that is my preference but also some due to my health I can't begin to express how delighted I've been to land amongst you. I do get confused sometimes, can overwhelm having add and the ability to type 100 wpm but nobody sincerely seems to mind and I am confident (oh please let this be) that if I do go overboard someone if not all will gently rein me in and help me be a "good" participant. We have a firm and fast rule here that no money for dues etc are to be spent for online clubs and or the like. I've never to date done so. I don't know why but when I kept seeing the ads for QCA in the magazines and the like something kept drawing at me. I finally asked the hubby telling him that I didn't have any reason to justify I just wanted to he finally said go for it. Now? I kid you not come time to re-up it will be a race who payes my dues first he or myself! Thanks for making a woman who is alone much of her time but rarely lonely have a place that almost feels like a real person sitting cross the table sharing a cup of coffee with me. Each and every one of you deserve a blessing from heaven and if it happens because I request it is already a done deed. Blessed woman I, having this multitude of my very own "Clarences" (a reference to the movie its a wonderful life) ring those bells angels with wings please all take care of you for me.

"Let me live in the house by the side of the road and be a friend to man."

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Bryanne - I know what you mean.  Having participated in forum discussions for around a year now after just peeking in before, I can tell you that these dear women are ALL close to my heart.  They are a "pick me up" so often just reading of their adventures, drooling over the project pictures that they post, and just in general being blessed by their freindship.  Recently I have had the privilege of meeting several of my online friends and there was no "strangeness" in the meetings.  It felt as if we knew each other for years.  The comaraderie (SP???) here has meant so much to a lot of folks - whether like Diane who is unable to get out much or me - who is able to get together with other women on a regular basis.  It is wonderful that we have reached across the borders and the oceans -- touching the lives of others and becoming one happy group of FRIENDS!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 12:46 PM

Bryanne

I definitely understand.  I don't get out alot either and really don't have any quilty friends close.  This site has been a miracle to me.  I count everyone on here as a friend and some are more like sisters.  I love the fact that we can and do talk about everything....family, pains, problems, as well as happy times and always quilting.  I am so glad that you feel comfortable here and also hope that you chat with us often.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 1:01 PM

Bryanne, You are not alone in your feelings about the wonderful women on this site. From the first time I introduced myself I have felt accepted. I still work outside the home, but when I get home from work the first thing I do Is remove my Bra and my steel toe boots and log on to QCA. LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,812
Points 248,404
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 1:14 PM

Bryanna,WE all have those same feelings ,this is like family to me. I have no close friends here as I am fairly new to this state, so this site has been a Godsend to me...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 6,090
Isabella replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 1:25 PM

Bryanne,

I understand you as well. Even if I do go out a lot (for business and with DH) I found here so many nice ladies that I am not sure I will do without them anymore.

I do not have quilting friends (just the lovely lady that teaches at the LQS) and here I found so many people willing to give our advises and also people who make me laugh a lot.

I really hope to be able to participate to one of the retreat, so I can finally meet some of this great new friends.

From my heart to all of the Ladies: THANK YOU

Isabella

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Bryanne,

So glad you found us.  We are a chatty bunch but that is what makes it so much fun.  I spend a lot of time at home also, (mostly cause I like being at home), and I do enjoy checking in here and chatting with other quilters.

Welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:22 PM

bryanne:
please all take care of you for me

Bryanne, I still have tears in my eyes and the goose bumps will not go away!  What a lovely way to put how you feel about joining our "family".  I think it sums up the way we all feel about one another.  What a gift from God that we found our way to QCA!  My thanks to all behind the scenes who had a vision and ran with it.  I wonder if they realize what they  have given us.  I wish them continued success and God's guidence.  Take care of you for us.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Bryanne~

Pout! Pout! Everybody always gets to post first and leaves me nothing to say! :o{  You will see that they all have big mouths or quick fingers and just leaves me scraps (pun intended). I'm stamping my little feet!

First of all, you have to read everything I write with humor in it. I am one of the class clowns and I see the funny side first of most things so my writing is in humor. If I sound offensive....I probably am but I'm trying to make a funny. It has back fired a few times but I hopefully explained it away.

So ditto to everything all ready said. I am pretty much home bound (heart and lung disease and on oxygen 24 /7) but I'm still plugging on and doing everything that I can physically do. I, too have no quilty friends and very seldom take a class at a QS. I sign up and then the day of the class, I can't make it.

QCA has been a lifesaver for me. It has made me feel alive again and wanted and appreciated. It has done so much for my self esteem alone. I have learned so much already. What I didn't expect was the friends I made. I love the people here, even the ones I haven't met. I am part of their lives now. I have met Marie and Kris...we are the East Coast Bucken-ears. If you look at my blog, you can see us.(Click on my name and it takes you to my blog) I love them both and feel like I have known them for years. All the other ladies......am very anxious to meet as many as I can but if not, I'll see them in pictures and I feel like I am there with them. I've never been involved with a group like this that has so entwined my heart. They are all my Clarences.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 4:45 PM

Diane Morgan:
I love them both

Aw shucks, Diane----I love you too.  Kris too.  Can't wait for 10/23 when we meet up again!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Yup, we are doing it again! My house this time and then to a quilt shop and then a nice lunch. The East Coast Bucken-ears are on the ride again!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,675
Points 248,592
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:05 PM

Bryanne, You have summed up QCA quite brilliantly.  It has been a life saver for me for a few years now.  I am also a home body and get pulled out of my home to do things... I blame Jodie for all of that...teehee... but I have found a wonderful family of quillting friends here and hope to someday meet most of them.  You never have to worry about typing too much on here - no one cares about that and if they do - tsk tsk...teehee...

Its a Wonderful Life is one of my 3 favorite movies and have to watch it each year during the season at least 3 times...my DH puts up with me and just gives me the tissue box... ring those bells is right.  All those angels 1st class 2nd class need their wings. 

I am glad to meet you and look forward to talking through my fingers to you!

Quilty hugz!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:34 PM

Bryanne,

I'm happy you're here with us too. I definitely feel "at home" on this site. There is a lot of love here. I don't have many quilty friends so it was wonderful to find so many here.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Diane,

I did not know that you were on 24/7 oxygen.   I figured out that you didn't leave home much but I didn't know why.  My best wishes to you. 

Now, about you seeing us in our pictures. . . . we need to talk. . . 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 8:52 PM

Prairie Dog:
Now, about you seeing us in our pictures. . . . we need to talk. . .

Oh, PD, you've me laughing again.  Diane, you are not the only "class clown" in this bunch.  That's good.  I need a laugh come Friday night.

Sweet message, Bryann.  I look forward to being a homebody soon so I can converse with the great gals here more often.  Welcome!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use