Top 10 Posters

Joke/Inspiration of the Day

Page 157 of 260 (3891 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,890 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:57 PM | Locked

Actually I never thought of it that way, we played outside in the dark, walked alone to friends.  played in the mud and dirt, spoke to strangers, did all kinds of bad things. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:11 PM | Locked

I lived in the city, and on Saturdays, we walked the mile or two to the local theatre to the Saturday afternoon matinee.  For a quarter we got a double feature, but the cartoons and serials in the middle, and our parents got an almost free babysitter for the afternoon.  Unless the weather was bad, we walked home also, even when it was dark.  And after we got home, we played outside, sometimes until midnight.  All the parents usually got together at one of the neighbors homes and sat out on the porch so someone was always there to sort of keep an eye on us.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 6:22 PM | Locked

I posted something similar a while back but this one is even better......

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots.  Apparently, you can't go alone.  You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito.  I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there.  I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm. Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense!  It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart!  At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in. It's an age thing.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 26 2011 6:35 PM | Locked

I have been in Tim Buk Tu. It is a convience store on the way to town!!  :o )

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 10:09 AM | Locked

Karla:
For a quarter we got a double

My mom sent us to the pool.  for a dime each she got a whole day off from her 5 kids.  We stayed the whole day and played on the lawn and swam and ate our lunch and usually got home for supper.  Summer was great when I was a kid.  Of course, theres my mom telling us she'd find something for us to do if we were bored and it wasn't cable or shopping so we pretty much stayed ot of her way as much as possible.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:00 AM | Locked

In the summer we went to the pool also, but my Mom didn't know about it.  She was scared to death of water and kept us away from the pools etc. when she knew about them.  My Dad used to give me the money and I would be spending the day with my gf's.  He knew we went to the pool, but Mom never found out until we were grown and out of the house. 

When I was in highschool (in California) we had to pass a swimming test to graduate.  They don't do that anymore as most schools don't have pools, but I remember how much I enjoyed taking swimming as my PE elective.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:27 PM | Locked

Hollywood Squares lols: 

Bella those are great, you really took me back!  I wonder how many of those went right over my head when I heard them the first time!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 2:04 PM | Locked

Mommy, Where do pumpkins come from?

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:26 PM | Locked

ROFLMAO!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,465
Points 49,915
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:39 PM | Locked

Funnny   Only in a L&D would you find this, but too funny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:50 PM | Locked

Nana, that just too funny.  What a good laugh.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:58 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I've never been in Cahoots

giggle, giggle, giggle. Love this:)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:02 PM | Locked

I posted this on my blog, but it fits here much better.  I wrote this 3 years ago when I first bought my little grace quilting frame.  I did post it on a quilting website at the time but my computer crashed and I lost everything, including the name of the site.  Maybe some of you remember it.

How to put batting on the Bottom Rail of a Quilting Frame

1. vac the floor so you won’t get any trash or strings on the batting.

2. undo the batting and realize that the thing is full of folds and creases.

3. put the batting in the dryer for 10 min on warm to help remove the wrinkles and spread on bed to relax.

4. vac the floor and put out Smokey, the cat. He is on the bed playing with the batting.

5. pick off the cat hairs.

6. find the middle of the batting and began attaching it to the rail with your method of choice. (That’s another story)

7. Put out D.F., the cat, who has made a bed on the batting touching the floor.

8. Pick off cat hair

9. Start rolling the batting on the rail.

10. Go around to the other side and pick off the cat hair you missed.

11. Vac the floor on the other side

12. Turn off the ceiling fan because it is blowing strings off the cutting table you forgot to clean.

13. vac the floor

14. Pick off the strings. Be smart this time, vac them up before you put the batting back on the floor.

15. Return to rolling batting on rail.

16. Put Sadie, the dog, who has taken D. F.‘s place on the batting in the basement.

17. Pick off dog hair.

18. Pick off strings and trash you picked up in the rest of the house on your socks when putting Sadie in basement

19. Take off socks. Finish rolling batting on rail, picking off hair, strings, threads, and other trash as you go

20. Admire your work.

21. Let cats back in house.

22. Put Smokey back out because he is unrolling batting from rail.

23. Pick off cat hair

24. Re-roll batting

25. Get plastic wrap and wrap around & around batting to protect and prevent further pet mishaps

26. Let Sadie out of the basement.

27. Shoo all 3 pets out of the sewing room and shut the door.

28. Plan ahead for rolling quilt back and top on their respective rails by making list.

A. Shoot animals

B. Hire a housekeeper

29. Throw list in trash. Love on your pets and prepare to enjoy your life the same tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:04 PM | Locked

Flojo

That is really cute.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:00 PM | Locked

Oh Flojo, how would we manage without our helpers?? 

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 157 of 260 (3891 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use