rated by 0 users
This post has 97 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 142
Points 2,710
Cheri replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 11:57 AM

Marge,

Thank you for posting this tutorial!! I am making a quilt for a coworker for Christmas and wanted to make matching pillow cases. The problem being I had NO idea how to go about it. I am happy I can put it all together as a set now like I wanted.

Cheri

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
yaners replied on Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:35 AM

Thanks for the post!  I've been having problems with the french seam portion or step 7 and step 8 and now know what I've been doing wrong.  Can hardly wait to go home tonight and make a pillow case.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 3:22 PM

Diane Morgan:

Great tutorial! This is a keeper......I'm going to try it! Thanks so much!

I just made one of these to match DD's MQV.  The instructions suggested using a clue stick to hold down all 3 pieces instead of pinning.  I was too lazy to use the glue, and just pinned, but thought some of you might like using the glue.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

Thanks so much, since my computer isn't in my sewing rm any suggestion on how to print out your wonderful instructions?

thanks

dee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 3:29 PM

Dee

You should be able to highlight the instructions then right click.  There should be an option to print come up.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

Nana worked like a charm, thank-you.

dee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 30 2011 9:34 PM

Welcome Dee.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Nana - thanks for finding this for Dee.  I tried a couple of search ideas cause I knew I had tagged this but wasn't having any luck.  :o( 

I just got a message from my guild that ConKerr Cancer here in Georgia is trying to gather pillowcases for the holidays for the various children's hospitals here.  Cut off date is coming up next week.  I am sure the other chapters around the country are having a push too.  I think I will look through my holiday fabrics and see if I can't come up with a couple of pillowcases for them.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 10:35 AM

Marge

It was really easy for me to find....  it is in My Favorites list so that I can find it to refresh my memory anytime I want to do a pillowcase.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

How did you get it into your favorites????

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 6:24 PM

Marge

If you go back to your first post with the tutorial and click the more button at the top of the post it gives you the option of adding to your favorites.   Then you can access your favorites from your home page.   It will be in the same place as my friends, my gallery, etc.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 7:12 PM

Nana:
If you go back to your first post with the tutorial and click the more button at the top of the post it gives you the option of adding to your favorites.

Thanks, Nana for the info you just posted on how to save a post.  I now have that in my favorites even though it is printed off also.  I also printed off the same method from a site in Canada that Granny Agnes had told me about - kickasscountrystore.com.  Both seem to be the exact same thing so I am well covered.

Thanks, Marge, for posting this tutorial.  I read about it the other night and decided I could make pillowcases for the kids, grand kids and one great grand daughter. This will give them something a bit personal along with their gift cards.  

I bought quite a few one yard cuts at Wal*Mart yesterday and have a couple here I can use and ordered a few online last night.  One is already on its way to me so that is a good thing.  This will be quite the varied selection of pillowcases - the only duplicates will be two pairs of SeaHawk ones.  

Thanks again.

Marge P

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Dec 7 2011 2:43 AM

Marge, great tutorial, thanks to you I now have an automatic gift wrap for All my quilts!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

We have been using this method whenever my sewing guild has a sewing day for ConKerr Cancer.  I think it takes longer to press the seams when you do the French seam than it does to sew the whole pillow case! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 8:35 AM

Do you have an ipad or such, you could copy tutorial to memory stick and play on your i-pad...or go online and watch as you sew...JMHO!

Page 6 of 7 (98 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use