Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 985
Renaye Posted: Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:49 PM

Does anyone have a favorite "Scrap Quilt" pattern?  I like to make Queen/King size quilts.  I could use another pattern to use up some more "stash".

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Mon, Jun 1 2009 1:00 PM

Hi,

I, too, love scrappy quilts!  One of my favorite scrap patterns is the Disappearing Nine Patch.  Quick, simple, and can be set in different designs.  You will find a tutorial here:  http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html.  Also, you can do a google search and come up with many, many, completed quilts. 

Good luck!!! 

Candy in Wi

When life gives you scraps, Make quilts!!!

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 985
Renaye replied on Mon, Jun 1 2009 2:33 PM

Your Disappearing Nine Patch is beautiful.  I love it.  Thank you so much.  Can't wait to try it.

Renaye

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 95

This is really great! Wish I could start one right now!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 135
Roxanne replied on Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:15 AM

I just finished one called Wickedly Easy that I found on the internet.  If you go to www.byannie.com, click on view all and go clear to the bottom the pattern is there.  It was really easy and it turned out very pretty.  I also love scrappy quilts.  I'm always searching for new scrappy patterns.  I made the disappearing nine patch and loved it too.

Roxanne

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Tue, Jun 2 2009 7:25 AM

I can't take credit for the quilt in the link I sent you.  I have made a couple in cuddle size and just finished a full sized one from a charm challenge.  Turned out nicely.  I'll try and upload a picture!

Candy in Wi

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 985
Renaye replied on Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:07 AM

What a beautiful quilt!!!!!  Also the one on the wall.  Gorgeous.  I just have never met a quilt I didn't like.  Keep up the good work.  Can't wait to try the "Disappearing Nine Patch".

Renaye

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5

Beautiful quilt, just beautiful.  Not all quilts have to be so involved.  Sometimies the simpler the better.

Ann Marie

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Tue, Jun 2 2009 10:54 AM

Thanks for the compliments!  I also made a matching quilt for the bed that matches the one on the wall from a Red, White and Blue block swap years and years ago.  Can't wait to see what you and others have to share!  Have fun!

Candy in Wi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 205
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:04 PM

Your quilts are beautiful.  I love the colors in the scappy quilt.  Where they left overs from past projects or clothing of family members?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:50 PM

Thank you Robin.  Oh, how I wish the scraps were from clothing of family members!!!  The Disappearing Nine Patch quilt was a charm square swap with members from my Quilt Guild.  Most of my quilts are made from stash - left overs from past projects.  I have  plastic carts  that I put all my scraps into after completing a project.  I use the drawers to separate strips and squares into  1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2,  up to 6 1/2 inch strips and squares.  Makes it so easy to pull what I need when I need it!

Candy in Wi

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 100

I love working with a variety of fabrics and make scrappy quilts and I have made quite a few from our friend at www.quiltville.com  . She has a fun bargello that can be made with blocks first or withlong strips into sections.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:04 AM

I am also a great fan of Quiltville and Bonnie Hunter!  Her patterns are beautiful, easy to understand and the best part, scrappy!!!  I have also participated in all of her mysteries as well.  She has a three part  mystery coming out in Quiltmaker Magazine, starting with this month's issue.  Can't wait to start it!

Candy in Wi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
I really like the Tossed 9-patch also. I had a bunch of 2 1/2" squares left from baby quilts so did a very small tossed 9-patch to give the the NICU. It turned out very cute but the big square, if you want to call it that lol, is only 3/4" I still have squares left so will sew them up one of these first day. I love your quilt Candy, it is so bright and cheery!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:46 AM

Thanks!  Super fast and lots of fun! 

Candy in Wi

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use