This post has 47 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 29 2010 9:48 PM

Granny M:
Kris

Did you have any problem with the freezer paper rolling up after the fabric was ironed on.  I use freezer paper for so many things, I was going to try this but was worried about it rolling up.  I have had that happen when I iron a fabric on for other things.

Granny M,

I do just what Gini said. I turn it over and iron it flat. I only have to do this with the rolled up freezer paper from the supermarket. The "quilters' freezer paper" doesn't curl up.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,268
Points 35,185
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 31 2010 8:14 AM

Joy:
I really don't think it takes patients to quilt. Do you?

Nope, it just takes love. Love of being creative, love of presenting to a child who loves it, love of family that you make them for, or friends.   I am not a patient person, and I get excited to go to the next quilt when I get to the binding stage.  So those other people don't know what they are missing.  All it takes is Love

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,268
Points 35,185
Granny M replied on Fri, Dec 31 2010 8:17 AM

Kris:

I do just what Gini said. I turn it over and iron it flat. I only have to do this with the rolled up freezer paper from the supermarket. The "quilters' freezer paper" doesn't curl up.

I use the super market paper, I have found that if I iron then put a book on it for a couple of days it will stay flat but did not know if  the heat from the printer would curl it again.  Thanks Gini and Kris

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use