Hello from SW Florida

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. Posted: Thu, May 28 2009 8:17 PM

Hello all.  I've been a QCA member for over a year and I love this new website.   The addition of the forums is great.  I've been machine quilting for about 16 years and still learning with every quilt I make.  I love the old traditional quilts and my current passion is 1930's fabrics and patterns.  I have most of my tops professionally quilted but I'm determined to practice free-motion quilting this summer so I can do some of my own.  I'm looking forward to sharing our love of quilting with everyone.

Sandy 

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Fri, May 29 2009 8:26 AM

Hi Sandy! 

I too, love traditional quilts and 30's fabrics!  I have just gotten brave enough to tackle machine quilting in the last couple of years because there are so many quilts I want to do, and so little time!  I found that starting with small pieces with free motion is helpful and straight lines with larger quilts.  I have just now gotten to a point where I am comfortable free motioning full sized quilts.  Of course, I still love hand quilting!!!

Candy

Candy in Wi

When life gives you scraps, Make quilts!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Marjorie replied on Fri, May 29 2009 10:01 AM

So happy to find this forum!  I'm sure it will be a learning place for all of us.

I have been sewing forever and still learn something new every day.  Can't wait to see what is next.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, May 29 2009 11:38 AM

Candy,

Thanks for the encouragement.  I've done a little straight line machine quilting on small projects but not enough to feel confident to tackle one of my waiting tops.  I've also practiced a little free motion,but my foot/hand coordination isn't very good.  I've been looking at a machine with a stitch regulator and have tried one at the dealer.  I did pretty good with that so maybe it's time to upgrade!!

Sandy

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,625
Candy replied on Fri, May 29 2009 12:33 PM

Good luck Sandy!  Be sure to show us when you complete a project, would love to see it!

Candy in Wi

When life gives you scraps, Make quilts!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use