Top 10 Posters

putting a zipper in a messenger bag

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,335
Julie posted on Sat, Aug 7 2010 5:12 PM

I really want to make a messenger bag once my century quilt is done but none of the patterns I've found include a zipper accross the top.....I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to put the zipper in the bag so the top zips closed?

Thanks in advance

Julie the crazy farmers wife

Julie and grandson Aries

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,445 Posts
Points 94,185
Suggested by QCA Admin

Julie, click the word "zipper" below and you'll go to a list of several links to videos about installing zippers. Some of them are for makeup bags, but it's all the same technique.

Zippers

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Judy, you Ladies are amazing ,I mean that with all my heart.Some ask a question and you know were to send them for help.Do you have a list for these answers or is it just years of experience,that you ladies know were all this stuff is?? I'm not complaining,I think its awesome.I just want all of you to know that you'all have made my learning experience so much easlier.I don't think you ladies get the recgonization that you deserve.I wish I knew a really special way to thanks you all ....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,445 Posts
Points 94,185

Barbara:
Do you have a list for these answers or is it just years of experience,

Thanks, Barbara. The answer, for me at least, is I'm pretty good at doing internet searches. It comes from having working with high school kids for years and years. :-)

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,335
Julie replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:17 PM

Barbara you are so sweet. I also love this site as I have gotten tons of tips and help too

Julie

Julie and grandson Aries

Not Ranked
Female
53 Posts
Points 1,335
Julie replied on Sat, Aug 21 2010 1:28 PM

Judy thank you so much!!! It was just what I needed....Once that century quilt will be done I can do other projects. I should be done with it this weekend or early next week

Thanks again

Julie

Julie and grandson Aries

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use