rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 105
Lisa Posted: Mon, May 25 2009 9:28 AM

Hope this works! 

My name is Lisa and  I am from New Jersey.  Joined QCA a few months ago and a regular to the site and really like the new look.  As far as blogging never did it before and it took me some time to figure this out. 

One thing though is that I am a quilting addict.  Always been interested in crafts that involved a sewing needle/machine since I was in H.S.  Took a beginners quilting class at my local quilt shop and well.....several hundred dollars later and I can't stop now.

My boyfriend built me a cutting and sewing table, design wall and peg board.  Needless to say I have kept him busy but he enjoys playing with his tools so it was a win win for both of us.  If that was not enough I bought two Pfaff sewing machings and a longarm frame.  All this in a year and a half.  I think this makes me officially an addict!

All this stuff does not sit around and collect dust.  I belong to two blocks of the months, and have made two full size quilts (queen & twin) in addition to a lot of practice pieces.  There is so much to learn and perfect in quilting and I am hoping that I can learn from others and make a few quilting friends.  (Yeah - I am a perfectionist - My seam ripper and I are real close.) 

Lisa, Hackettstown, NJ

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 2,650
QCA Peg replied on Mon, May 25 2009 7:20 PM

Welcome, Lisa!

We appreciate quilt addicts around here, of course! : ) Hope you will come back often. Please feel free to send a pictures of your quilts so we can put them in the SHOW and TELL section - just e-mail them to admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com w/name of quilt and description.

That goes for ALL of you out there.....send in those pictures and descriptions!

Best,

Peg

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140

I, too, am new to this online stuff. I joined QCA a few months ago also, and this is my first attempt at this type of communication. I am also a quilting addict.  I just recently completed a new quilt studio, so I have been spending a lot of time organizing my new space. I can't wait to get everything in it's place so I can actually start quilting again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 2,650
QCA Peg replied on Tue, May 26 2009 1:09 PM

Welcome, Elaine!

You know, we'd LOVE to see a picture of your work space, too! Send along to SHOW and TELL when you have it up and running. Seeing how a quilter's space is organized and where they work is *almost* as fun as seeing the finished projects. : )

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.