Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

chocake2:

I have the Little Gracie frame. I like it, altho I don't use it nearly as often as I thought I would when I bought it. With my domestic machine, I can only reach 3-5" of the quilt at a time... 'kinda limits what I can quilt with it.

Maybe I need lessons? Anyone know where I can get some?

I have  the same opinion CC...it is so limiting...I got Edith, who has a long Arm HQ16 to help me set it up and I made a nice quilt but ....it's not something I like doing...I like quilting the smaller quilts on my Baby Lock QC and I have the Babylcok QCP with a 9" throat but you still only get 6" max space before you have to roll the quilt....which also limits the amount of free motion you can do...if any...I think I will sell mine and the money I get back from it will go to paying the LA for her talents...I think I will have to start hand quilting a few too

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Kris:

With the grace frame the handle(s) is/are squeezed to depress the foot pedal (photo below) I would have a hard time with that too.

I don't think the other grace frames aren't like this one.

my grace frame doesn't have that foot pedal thingy...but luckily I have the babylock QCP and it has the cruise control with an easy switch you velcro to the handle

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 89
Points 1,011
Twiggy replied on Mon, Aug 16 2010 4:25 PM

has anyone ever heard of the hinterburg being used with the qbot? the hinterburg is the frame and the qbot is a computerized quilter.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Mon, Aug 16 2010 4:47 PM

Do you like the grace fram I would love to get the long arm from baby lock but the cost is killing me with 3 in collage I can't swing it

Happy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 89
Points 1,011
Twiggy replied on Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:17 PM

i saw a quilt frame at a show a couple of years ago and it was HUGE!!! i don't even know where i would put it. or even pay for it. i'd have to find a really big tree that grew hundred dollar bills.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:35 PM

Twiggy, I planted one of those trees in my back yard but it hasn't produced anything yet, but when it does I'll share with all.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 89
Points 1,011
Twiggy replied on Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:04 PM

i hope you wore socks so you wouldn't get any tics.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:54 PM

That is the other thing my sewing room is so small I have no room in there for a 72 inch table

Happy

Page 3 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use